Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: project: Fukushima Reactor Rebuild

Default Re: project: Fukushima Reactor Rebuild

ok guys... so ... i finally got my butt back to work on this thing...

first thing i did today was make lights for the tower...

the lights are the tower will be at two places... one on the top ... and one a bit down from the top

the one on the top is actually going to be a flashing light... similar to most towers... with a twist though

it will be flashing with the Hard drive... i made an adapter so that it will plug right into the motherboards HDD LED spot... and will run all the way up the tower ... so that the top of the tower blinks with the hard drive...

the other led will just be a power led... and once i turn this beast on...

but how am i going to turn this bitch on you ask... and what else will come on once i do hahahahah

well how about push button start hahahahah

and some blue LEDs for inside the case

next will be the radio sensor extension and the battery extensions...

then i will be working on the radiation box for the radio sensor

Custom Title Honors

i like your ideas for the tower leds.

Quote Originally Posted by xr4man View Post
    i like your ideas for the tower leds.
    yeah it was the only thing i could think that would keep it semi authentic yet feel like a computer...

i just mocked up all the pipes and hoses to see how many ring clamps to go pick up... plus to see if the simple pipe tray i made will work... i also need to build the pipe tray on the two pipes going up... and then figure out if i want the trays connecting or not ...

i also need to figure out how i am going to stabilize the whole thing... and once its done... and then in two weeks i have to break it all down for shipment back to AMERICA hahahah

put my resignation in at my job and signed the paper work at my new job and i leave in 3 to 4 weeks... no later than the 29th...

so

this build might get put on hold ... depending on how much weight i have the money to ship this out via air mail to the states... or if i am going to wait until September for it all to show up then...

anyways... have a good summer guys...

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

For those corner pieces, instead of joining the copper tube and the copper corner with rubber tubing, have you considered soldering them with a 180-degree copper joint? It would give it a cleaner feel, imo. Oh, and btw, make sure you don't use any aluminum components in the loop.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Where are you working at in Maryland?

I'm going to guess NRC?

Quote Originally Posted by x88x View Post
    For those corner pieces, instead of joining the copper tube and the copper corner with rubber tubing, have you considered soldering them with a 180-degree copper joint? It would give it a cleaner feel, imo. Oh, and btw, make sure you don't use any aluminum components in the loop.
    just curious? why no aluminium...

and i am thinking about doing the 90 degree solder pieces when i get state side... or try and fine a better system besides copper tubing... i honestly dont like it... i have been looking at it all day... and it looks rugged... i want a cleaner look... and its hard to get good stuff here on island... copper piping stuff is a pain in the rear to find. Make man sells the stuff but for the most part its usually the wrong size... or only 1 and then i have to place an order which could take weeks to get here... so i am kind of glad i will be going state side so i can find a lowes or home depot hahahahahaha i might end up scrapping a lot of it... just so that i can get it to standard instead of metric on some of the stuff... but we will see

as you can see X88X i was using bent pipe for my 90's and tubing to connect it... the bent pipe was straight ... then i laid it across a pully from a truck... and hit it a few times with a rubber mallet... thats one reason i am tired of living on this island... its hard to get stuff hahahahaha... i mean its some were here... but finding it is difficult being that i cant read japanese and the phone book doesn't come in english hahahahaahh even friends of mine that speak japanese are like "shoot man, i aint no plumber... how the heck should i know were to get that stuff" hahahahaha

@Ichbin... really hahahahah REALLY the NRC hahahahahahah thats pretty funny... no man i am going to keep working for the government at the proving grounds... should be fun. I got a buddy working there and he tells me its awesome!!! so i am excited.

for those of you who dont get the NRC joke... this is the NRC headquarters location
    http://www.nrc.gov/about-nrc/locations/hq.html

If you mix aluminum and copper in a watercooling loop it's almost a guaranteed recipe for corrosion. Dielectric charges and whatnot.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin

[QUOTE=x88x;330350]If you mix aluminum and copper in a watercooling loop it's almost a guaranteed recipe for corrosion. Dielectric charges and whatnot.[/QOUTE]

Ah but this is a complete minerial oil tank... The tank is going to be filled with oil and the pump and hoses will just recirculate the oil for the purpose of cooling the whole tank... Thats why i went with such a large pump and caliber of hose...

But i just learned that copper and aluminium plus water equals bad... You know i think i remember hearing that some were before but i have never needed that knowledge for anything until now... I never used copper for anything considering my fish tanks were salt and when i had pirahnas here i also had shrimp and such for cleaning

Thanks for the heads up though x88x

Hmm, I guess since mineral oil isn't electrically conductive it shouldn't cause a problem if aluminum and copper are mixed. What happens with water/etc is that a dielectric charge is built up between the aluminum and copper, rather like in a battery between aluminum and copper electrodes. The surfaces ionize and corrode.
    --Benjamin Franklin

I also work at the NRC, which is also why I was wondering