Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hangover cures?

Resident Alcoholic

Default Hangover cures?

I had a bit too much to drink last night, and I woke up to find that I had filled - that's right, filled! - my bed with vomit. I REALY could do with some hangover cures right now, so let's share some!
    Peace
    H

Life is like an analogy...

Default Re: Hangover cures?

great job. that must be a world record then.

if you can get away with it, i find it helps if you have a few glasses of water, take a sleeping pill, and crash for a while longer.

another one that works for me is tylenol with codein. take two, and give it about 45 minutes.

having a big meal works too. whenever i have a big headache, be it hangover related or not, food helps.

two more extreme methods get you good results too. you can try another drug to cancel out the pain and sickness (ehem.... pot). and if that fails, deprive yourself of sight and sound (blindfold and earplugs).

honestly, nothing will really cure you. you can only mask the pain and stuff, at best. only thing that really works is time.

Quote Originally Posted by Slug Toy
    im pretty sure i was your car, but i was into mah music and didnt think too much of it

And next time you drink way too much, drink water before you sleep. Kinda hard to remember, or even to do, but it really makes a difference.

Exactly right Xmas. A hangover is caused by dehydration. Alcohol simply saps the water from your system and the effects you feel that we call a hangover are simply a form of dehydration. There are pills that help with this that block the alcohol's ability to do this, I'm not sure how they work technically but, they work for some people.

Once you've got the hangover, well, that's a different story. You should still rehydrate yourself, get a lot of water in you. It'll help but it won't make it go away entirely.

I did find this cure online, maybe it works? <Shrug>

1. Take 2 aspirins
    2. Take 200mg cysteine (available at specialty food stores)
    3. Take 600mg vitamin C
    4. Take 1 tablet vitamin B-complex
    5. Mix the following ingredients together in a blender:

* 1 banana
    * 1 small can V-8
    * 6 large strawberries
    * 2 tablespoons honey
    * 1 cup orange juice
    * 1-2 cups milk (or soy milk), to desired consistency
    * &#188; tsp. salt
    * dash of nutmeg

6. Drink it all up.

If necessary, follow up with a dose of Maalox, lots of Gatorade, and bouillon soup for dinner. These ingredients will rehydrate your body, replace essential vitamins and minerals, and help rid your body of some of the toxic byproducts of metabolized alcohol.

Anodized

Have water before you go to bed and I mean heaps of it. Then in the morning have a nice greasy meal like fast food or a kebab.
    "It's a show we're filming. It's like cops, but from the criminals point of view"

Best cure for a hangover? Some say have another drink, not too much mind just a couple of pints and then chill. But I know it's never just a couple of pints

Resident Alcoholic

I was too out of it last night to drink. i was too busy throwing up in every toilet/sink in the house. so far ive thrown up 7 times this morning, and drinking water makes it happen. But damnit im still drinking water! I have also slept for a good 4 hours, but I have a feeling that it's going to be a stubborn one and stay put!

If im hung over i always got to the local bakery and get a few sausage rolls and a pint or two of water.

No matter how many times You barf Dude keep on drinking water. I know it's hard work,thats the price You pay for sex drugs,and or rock and roll, but You need to keep replacing the fluids Your body is gettin rid of. It' gonna hurt for the rest of the week too. Your belly, lungs, chest and rib cage are going to be very tender so just chill!

The last time I was like that it was from too much tequila. Except it wasn't really tequila. Label said 'tequila flavored spirit' so it was probably meths or something. El Hombre or something.
    Anyway, we have a waterbed. I was very dizzy, slight movements would trigger more vomit. I was eventually able to get to the bed and lie down, slowly. Aaahhh. Then wifey came to bed and the movement started me off again.

Yep, I was seasick from the waterbed!

I ended up sleeping in the bathroom, that didn't move so much.