Thread: Need help with decision for new motherboard

Fresh Paint

Default Need help with decision for new motherboard

I am building a new system with Phenom 2 x6 1100t,8gb G.Skill ripjaws ddr3 1600,2x 6850`s cant decide on Msi 890fx GD70 or Gigabite 890fxa-ud5 any thoughts?.

Default Re: Need help with decision for new motherboard

if wait maybe 2 months bulldozer will be here along with the new 990fx chipset.if you must upgrade now tho both the ud7 and ud5 board are good. i have the ud5. im not sure about the msi board i have herd good things but never tested it.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmEv View Post
    Or are you talking about vending machine choice C-4?

mmmmm... skittles....
    bench mark software.

video bios flashing guide

Stupidity feeds my children blueonblack's Avatar

I'm using the MSI 890FXA-GD70 and absolutely love it. It's got all the bells and whistles, it looks great and I've had no trouble out of it whatsoever.
    “Do not trust people like me. I will take you to museums, and parks, and monuments, and kiss you in every beautiful place, so that you can never go back to them without tasting me like blood in your mouth. I will destroy you in the most beautiful way possible, and when I leave you will finally understand why storms are named after people.”

With all the issues and greif that gigabyte has given me i would go for the MSI.
    Not dead yet

Custom Title Honors

i'll chime in with my limited experience with different mobos.

i've never used a gigabyte mobo, so i have no comment on them.

i do have an asus with the 890gx chipset and i love it dearly. everything works just fine. flashing the bios is easily done from within windows. the hardware monitoring software it comes with is a breeze to use and works quite well.

i also have an msi m-itx board. it also works great. however, the bios doesn't seem to report the cpu temp correctly. i also can't find any msi hardware monitoring software. but hwmonitor does work on it.

anyway, from my previous builds, i'd go with an asus board. but that's not in your list of choices. so between the gigabyte and the msi, i can't give advice, only what i have seen as stated above.

Fresh Paint

thank you all gives me a lot to think about.