Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Competition: The TBCS Folding@Home Team

Its not cool till its watercooled. Fuganater's Avatar

Default Re: Competition: The TBCS Folding@Home Team

I talked to SOC. There have been things going on personally for the Mods/Admins so the drawing is delayed until they get time to do it.

Anodized

This has been one hell of a delay. I hope everyone is ok.

hmmm i wonder what problem they are having to cause a month delay. i do hope everything is ok with all the admin members and every member
    Quote Originally Posted by lastweek View Post
    Not only will it probably catch fire to your house, it will probably shoot peices out of your case and kill your cat. make sure you video tape your expierment.
    Quote Originally Posted by StormRider View Post
    Write your will before you turn it on

If it isn't stock, it's modded! slaveofconvention's Avatar

I've been holding out hoping that someone in the US can do some kind of a live drawing for the prize in this competition, but I accept that I've held out too long and offer my apologies for that. If nothing is worked out in the next few days, I'll find some way to do a drawing which can be independently verified so there are no calls of "foul" - we have to be careful not to even appear as if our draws are in any way less than legitimate, and if we can't do something live via video (which we've done in the past) I'll try to find something web-based where I don't have control over anything more than putting in the qualifying entries.

Current Projects: Lobo | Unimatrix | High Voltage | Antec 900 Revamp (Phase 2)
    Completed Projects: General Lee | Synergy Green | Liquid Yellow
    Planned Projects: K-9-PC | Limey

Its not cool till its watercooled. Fuganater's Avatar

Skype?

ATX Mental Case RogueOpportunist's Avatar

While I appreciate your desire to run an honest ship I think you might not be considering the "effect" it has when the average Joe is left waiting for a month.

This could be a fun little social experiment, I wonder how many hits this thread had after the contest ended and of those hits how many people passively looked at the contest and just shrugged it off as bogus or something... I'm not saying it is bogus, I'm just curious what would be the greater concern, the portion of people who are going to call you a liar and a thief no matter what you do, or the portion who aren't going to call you anything, say anything to you or even look at you all that hard before they slap a "label" on you and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by RogueOpportunist View Post
    This could be a fun little social experiment, I wonder how many hits this thread had after the contest ended and of those hits how many people passively looked at the contest and just shrugged it off as bogus or something... I'm not saying it is bogus, I'm just curious what would be the greater concern, the portion of people who are going to call you a liar and a thief no matter what you do, or the portion who aren't going to call you anything, say anything to you or even look at you all that hard before they slap a "label" on you and move on.
    Mark me down as an apathetic non-labeler. As somebody who has let things slip myself, I understand it can happen. Given the stakes, I don't personally consider it a big deal. If this was a contest in July when temps were over 100 and it kept me folding during the month for a chance to win a Sandy Bridge chip it might be a different story.

Ok im game to help you guys...how do i get this set up?
    Not all who mod are modders...

lol nvm, looks like im a dime short and a dollar late
    Not all who mod are modders...

Anodized

omg the thread got necro'ed before the winner was even announced? haha