Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Case - Want to water cool it

If you can't hack it, you don't own it! Oneslowz28's Avatar

Default Re: New Case - Want to water cool it

You will want your drain port as the lowest point in the loop. For me that meant adding a T to my intake on my pump. If you go my route, make sure you add an extra fitting for your drain tube that you will install when draining the loop. My drain tube is 18" long.

3603 tygon is correct I think.

What fittings are you planning on using? Dependent on the type, you may not see those fancy o rings.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneslowz28 View Post
    We are not having fun with a noob. 3/8 tygon over 1/2" barbs is very common. Its what I run in my setup and I did not have to heat the tubing or "pre-streatch" it at all. It just takes a little elbow grease and they slip right on. They are a bitch to remove but that is the point of using 3/8 on 1/2" barbs. It allows you to not use clamps for a clean look. I have been running mine that way for almost a year now with no issues at all.
    I wasn't implying that someone here posted the 'small tubing over larger fittings' idea, or that Fuganater or anyone else here was a noob. I've honestly never heard of people doing it. I googled it before posting and everyone that posted in the threads I looked at had to boil, stretch, or lubricate the tubing. You must have some really soft tubing to be able to just slip it on, as I've had enough trouble getting 3/8 tubing on 3/8 barbs without even considering another 1/8". Then again, if the tubing was that soft, it's probably a good idea to get larger barbs. I suppose it just depends on what tubing is used. I still recommend the compression fittings though...for any tubing.
    I'll procrastinate tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuganater View Post
    So considering everyone's comments here is what I have come up with:

Liquid Cooling Setup
    Pump: DD-CPX-Pro
    Reservoir: DD XSPC Single bay
    Radiator: Black Ice GT Xtreme 280 RadiatorI would prefer 140mm Rad but all of them are over $100... anything good for the sub $100?
    Rad Fans: Yate Loon's 140mm (by popular demand lol)
    CPU Water Block: Swiftech Apogee XT (R2) revision 2
    GPU Water Block: DD-Tieton
    Tubing: Tygon 3603 3/8" ID (1/2" OD) Clear Tubing 15' just to be safe. There is like 4 different kinds of Tygon... is this the right one?
    Liquid: Distilled water + PT Nuke-PHN and the dye below.
    Liquid Dye: PrimoChill Blood Red DYEBOMB or PrimoChill Liquid Utopia - Blood Red or something better?
    Temp Indicator: I still want one. Ideas?
    Fill Port: Swiftech 1/2" Aluminum Remote Fill-Port
    Drain Port:
    O-Rings: Some nice Red O-Rings

Other Items
    System Fans: 200mm Cooler Master Mega Flow's for the top
    Fan Control: Sentry 2
    LED Kit: http://www.nzxt.com/new/products/cas..._led_kit_-_red These LEDs look amazing.
    PCI Slot replacemets: This or this. I want to paint them red.

Things needed
    Figuring out a loop
    How to add drain port (add to drawing of loop)
    Type of paint to use

So far so good?

vastly improved.

i would get the chrome fill port (link) as it's brass and there is no aluminum. you can get 2. one for the fill, one for the drain. you just need a simple shut off, eg a copper one from the hardware store and solder or screw on some barbs, again from the hardware store.

dye's should be avoided at all costs as they tend to clogg up blocks and stain tubing. your best bet is coloured tubing, primochill or feser make good tubing for that. if you really want dye, then i've heard that mayhems dye's haven't been reported to clogg. but it's only been out for a year or so. his site is down right now, so check later. http://www.wcdyes.com/

here is a good temp probe, you just need any lcd that can read/display tempature, http://www.frozencpu.com/products/83...BP-WPT-CT.html

you can plug it into a free spot on the res if there is one. failing that simply buy a T like this, then get 2 barbs for it.

as for 3/8" tubing over 1/2" barbs, no. well it will work, but it's not fun and you will have to cut the tubing off which will be a pain when it comes time for maintenance. if you want a tighter fit, get 7/16" (ID)tubing over 1/2" barbs.

there is always a few that get away with thermal take setups with no issues, they have started to improve, but until the step up quality like koolance has, i will never recommend them or even think of using them in any of my loops.
    CPU: Q6600 G0 3.5GHz@1.4v (4.2GHz max) / 4790k 4.8ghz @1.265v
    GPU: 9800GTX /GTX780 hydrocopper
    Ram: Samsung 4GB /gskill 16gb DDR3 1600
    Mobo: EVGA-NF68-A1 680i (P32) /AsRock Extreme6
    PSU: Enermax Galaxy 850Watt /EVGA 850 G2
    HDD: OCZ 120GB Vertex4, Samsung evo 840 250GB
    LCD: Samsung 32" LN32A450, Samsung 226BW 22" wide
    Sound: Logtiech Z 5500
    CPU & GPU: 3x Swiftech MCR320, 2x MCP655, MCW60 R2, Dtek Fuzion V2, 18 high speed yates @ 5v

If it isn't stock, it's modded! slaveofconvention's Avatar

Grr you lot have me thinking about watercooling again - BEHAVE!!!! lol

Current Projects: Lobo | Unimatrix | High Voltage | Antec 900 Revamp (Phase 2)
    Completed Projects: General Lee | Synergy Green | Liquid Yellow
    Planned Projects: K-9-PC | Limey

Its not cool till its watercooled. Fuganater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slaveofconvention View Post
    Grr you lot have me thinking about watercooling again - BEHAVE!!!! lol
    HAHA. You have no idea how much time I'm putting into this. I really need some more guidance so I can buy the gear this week to have it next week. I lose my PC tomorrow night because I have to send my mobo back to XFX for a replacement.

Hopefully more people respond so I can get this build moving!

If it isn't stock, it's modded! slaveofconvention's Avatar

Yeah but I'm in the middle of a modding project in a case EASILY big enough for watercooling, albeit with some fairly hefty (but utterly do-able) chassis mods - and I have no spare money lol - when I GET some spare money, I want a 2600k setup so I'll STILL have no spare money....

Besides, with my luck, I'd end up flooding the house anyway

Current Projects: Lobo | Unimatrix | High Voltage | Antec 900 Revamp (Phase 2)
    Completed Projects: General Lee | Synergy Green | Liquid Yellow
    Planned Projects: K-9-PC | Limey

If you look at my FS thread i have compression fittings, 90* fittings, a fillport, and a bunch of other goodies that may save you some cash.

http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/f...ad.php?t=26125

Quote Originally Posted by slaveofconvention View Post
    Yeah but I'm in the middle of a modding project in a case EASILY big enough for watercooling, albeit with some fairly hefty (but utterly do-able) chassis mods - and I have no spare money lol - when I GET some spare money, I want a 2600k setup so I'll STILL have no spare money....

Besides, with my luck, I'd end up flooding the house anyway
    i'll hook you up with some sweet stuff too SOC. i dont hate when it comes to shipping overseas.
    Not dead yet

Quote Originally Posted by diluzio91 View Post
    If you look at my FS thread i have compression fittings, 90* fittings, a fillport, and a bunch of other goodies that may save you some cash.

http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/f...ad.php?t=26125

i'll hook you up with some sweet stuff too SOC. i dont hate when it comes to shipping overseas.
    Thanks bud but you have nothing I want. Sorry.

I couldnt find a case good enough for me to use on my set up and how I wanted to expanded it without spending a small fortune on the case its self. So I just bought a techno front open air case but now I am out growing that as well. I'd say if you have big plans for your set up like dual 360 rads or bigger go with something open air. or a custom case.

edit: im sure someone already said it but that swifttech kit is pretty good. its basically a loop just not premade like the corsair one.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmEv View Post
    Or are you talking about vending machine choice C-4?

mmmmm... skittles....
    bench mark software.

video bios flashing guide

Update on parts:

Fan controller: Lamptron 20W - 4 Channel Aluminum Rheobus w/ Multi Color LED Display
    Temp Probe: Bitspower G 1/4" Temperature Sensor Stop Fitting There is a 1/4" stopper in the top of my bay. I could put this in after it is filled correct? And just disconnect my fill tube. If not I'll use this T connector.
    Inline temp probe?: http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/inteseforaqa.html
    Temp Display: I can't find any that aren't already prewired.
    Dye: Mayhems Candy Red It says it will stain over time but thats life. I don't plan on changing colors and if I do I'll buy new tubing.
    Fill/Drain Ports: Swiftech 1/2" Brass Remote fill port
    Barbs: Bitspower Matte Black G1/4" Barb Fitting