Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need ideas for HALO2 Mod!!!!!

ATX Mental Case

Default Need ideas for HALO2 Mod!!!!!

My friend wants to start modding now (thx 2 me) ..and he loves halo2. He neds ideas of what to incorparate in the case...yea yea i kno show a pic of the case, but we will as soon as we find the right one. Of course we are putting a window in it.*****ALL AND ANY IDEAS ARE WELCOME*****
    No genuis is a organized worker.

PROJECT "2GHz OF THUMPIN BASS" HAS BEGUN!!!! CHEAK IT OUT IN THE "PROJECT WORKLOGS" AREA.

Default Re: Need ideas for HALO2 Mod!!!!!

you know man, i could have made my own topic (i am the friend) oh, and shut up stan, i got u into computers!

annnyway... i want to do some type of big halo mod (sorta lk that doom 3 project someone is doing) and i cannot think of anything at all!!!

and that is right, we are still deciding on a case, we want the main idea b4 i go to buy a case!

how about a raised logo on the side panel?

I've just gotten this cool idea. paint a rusty logo on the side panel then cut out a piece of plexi the same shape with a beveled edge. make a small groove in the plexi around the edges and sandwhich some of that EL wire in it between the plexi and the side of the case.

idk.. im my mind it looks awsome...

for somthing cheaper you could put a window in it with a halo logo in it and some halo fan covers.

Rankenphile

Just make it like every other computer, but put two guns on it and act like it invented double wielding. :p

I kid, I kid.

Halo actually has a ton of great architecture in its level design, why don't you spend some time browsing through the game, or a screenshot gallery if you can find one, and see if anything strikes your fancy.

Or you could scratchbuild a flat-laying case into a halo tank.

Everyone's done a human themed Halo mod it seems, why not do something with the alien technology?

and idea for the ^^ alien tech idea. make an energy sword out of plexiglass and put a few leds behind it shining down to the tip if you could do that well, i think itd be pretty cool

ATX Mental Case

Quote Originally Posted by TheNemesis350
    and idea for the ^^ alien tech idea. make an energy sword out of plexiglass and put a few leds behind it shining down to the tip if you could do that well, i think itd be pretty cool
    You'd need something other than plexi glass... something UV reactive use some green LED's near the bottom and a black light behind it to light the rest (atleast I think it's green at the base and more purpleish at the top).

I don't have anything else to contribute... but I like the alien tech idea
    Visit my site --> Kansas City LAN and Tech Promo Site <--

Asus A8R-MVP
    AMD Athlon 64 3700+ (2.64ghz)
    ATI Saphire Radeon X1600 Pro x2 crossfire
    Corsair Twinx2048-3500LL

blue plexi + etching + UV reactive paint + UV LED's + Green and Blue LEDS = one sick sword.

If you don't like the alien tech idea I say go for some level designs and pull things from buildings and ships.

Quote Originally Posted by archmaille
    You'd need something other than plexi glass... something UV reactive use some green LED's near the bottom and a black light behind it to light the rest (atleast I think it's green at the base and more purpleish at the top).

I don't have anything else to contribute... but I like the alien tech idea
    yeah, i was just throwing that out as an idea. just spend a while running around midship. thats a real alien-esc level, you could probably get some ideas there, or somewhere in the campaign for ideas

ATX Mental Case

i would probably frost t6he plexi beacuase it holds light
    No genuis is a organized worker.

PROJECT "2GHz OF THUMPIN BASS" HAS BEGUN!!!! CHEAK IT OUT IN THE "PROJECT WORKLOGS" AREA.