Thread: Questions: Side panel + plexi + Lighting

Fresh Paint

Question Questions: Side panel + plexi + Lighting

owning a nzxt khaos case and this is the side panel of it from the inside seen.

Now i want to add some plexi behind the mesh which will be engraved with my nickname.
    I've been thinking about how to attach the plexi onto it. but as you can see is that the mesh bended into it and not on equal level as it's attachment frame.

First idea was that i would place the plexi inside it and glue it on the sides.
    Now ive been thinking and the second idea is that i would attach it on top of it attachment frame since it's easier.
    Another though abt option 2 is that the mesh would probably block the engravings with option 1 since it right on top of it and with option 2 it has spacing between the plexi and mesh.
    Prob here is that i don't know how it'll look on the end result when it's attached and leds will light up to engravings.

Any thoughts about these options since i'm doubting.

2nd question is about lighting the engravings on the plexi afterwards.
    would lighting in your case do to light it up enough or still better do the leds into to sides of the plexi?
    There would be lots of lighting inside the case due my fans (16leds on each) and leds on side panels for lighting up the extra broken lines i would cut in it (sort of lightning lines)

Need to know because need to know if i need to order some more leds for both panels.
    Will be using these to attach and power my leds.

Thx in advance guys

Default Re: Questions: Side panel + plexi + Lighting

Welcome to TBCS.
    I'd use some thick double-sided tape to mount the sheet to the side panel. It's cheap, easy, non-permanent if you ever want to change it, and permanent enough that it won't come off unless you take it off.
    With back lighting, you will probably be able to tell the design is there, but if you really want to light it up and make it glow, you'll need the leds in the sides.
    I'll procrastinate tomorrow.

Fresh Paint

Default Re: Questions: Side panel + plexi + Lighting

Thx for welcom and reply.
    Well since the depth of the mesh is bigger than the width of the plexi, kinda need to choose.
    Double sided tape is nice and cheap although i won't be able to insert the leds into it.
    although it brings me on a idea to use the double sided tape on top of it which is same principle although then i can add the leds into the plexi too.
    Will see to how it'll progress next week.

Thx for the idea, more ideas are welcome since got time till next weekto decide.