View Poll Results: Stealth it or Pimp it???

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Stealth it

12 100.00%
  • Pimp it

0 0%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stealth it or Pimp it???

Default Stealth it or Pimp it???

Ok, im REALLY new at modding and I was driving down the road to go to my hotel when I saw some Indian guy dragging along this really old computer. I watched him to see if he was chucking it out and he did. So I turned round and grabbed it. I was going to put my existing hardware inside and was wondereing whether to leave it looking stock or pimp it out?

Edit: (More Pics)

Its a Commodore 8032-32B
    Your unique, just like everybody else...
    http://www.streamload.com/NoExpire/I...eDelivery=True

Default Re: Stealth it or Pimp it???

Haha! You stole it? You crazy sonovabitch!

But seriously, those things are rare. Don't pimp that bitch: if you don't want it, you're almost certain to get a buyer somewhere for it. How bad is the damage?

-Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!

Additional: Reverse-pimp that puppy. Make it look older and ****tier than it currently does.

-Dave
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!

Rankenphile

No way. Fill it with super-pimp guts (dual 7900 on SLI, rediculously fast processor, 2GB of ram, etc etc) and restore it to look brand new. Retro mods are the best, and an old case like that "ridding spinnaz" would look goofy. It would be like lowering and putting $800 rims on your rusty 1988 Mazda 323.

It wasnt exactly stealing... Oh and I dont want to make it look even more shyt.

The damage isnt that bad its not rust its black paint been spilled on it.

you sure it aint **** on the front? cause thats what it looks like to me

what about replacing teh pic tube with an lcd screen? that would make lots of room on the inside and thoes old monitors spill out radiation... wait is that uni-chrome? i think you'd have to replace that monitor unless you like everything green

I would do a new stock look. clean it up. new monitor. new keyboard with "function" keys. is there room or does it allready have a 5 inch drive bay?

Wow! Good luck with that one... Makes my 386 look modern!

Nuke it... No seriously. It looks like a machine you might find in an old nuclear silo or something. Do a militaristic kind of mod on it. Using toggle switches and lit buttons where the keyboard is that have various control designations (Launch button and so forth). Lose the monitor that's in there and install an old oscylliscope or something, or just put in a cheap monitor and run a scope looking graphic to that from something. <Shrug>. Paint it flat black, get some warning stickers of some sort to put on it that fit the theme, put the PC in the guts and mount an LCD monitor that flips DOWN on the top of it so you can get it out of the way when you're showing it off. Use one of those keyboards that project to the desktop instead of an actual keyboard to keep it minimalist.

I'm wondering when the first LOST mod is going to be done. You know, someone get an old Apple and build the rig from the hatch.

Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather
    Nuke it... No seriously. It looks like a machine you might find in an old nuclear silo or something. Do a militaristic kind of mod on it. Using toggle switches and lit buttons where the keyboard is that have various control designations (Launch button and so forth). Lose the monitor that's in there and install an old oscylliscope or something, or just put in a cheap monitor and run a scope looking graphic to that from something. <Shrug>. Paint it flat black, get some warning stickers of some sort to put on it that fit the theme, put the PC in the guts and mount an LCD monitor that flips DOWN on the top of it so you can get it out of the way when you're showing it off. Use one of those keyboards that project to the desktop instead of an actual keyboard to keep it minimalist.

I'm wondering when the first LOST mod is going to be done. You know, someone get an old Apple and build the rig from the hatch.
    I was wondering about doing something like that because I thought it looked like a military kind of machine aswell. And I was planning on changing the moniter and mayby the keys because they dont work, there always getting stuck.

I am sure its not rust because the case is plastic, and as we all know plastic dont rust!

I'm gonna post some more pics soon.

Thanks guys

I'm familiar with that machine actually, we've got an old Commodore Pet 4032 around here somewhere, that's the 8032, it's big brother. It's pre Commodore 64 or Vic 20 hardware. I doubt it has any resale value as it is though so you shouldn't feel bad about chopping into it.