Thread: Save to buy sandy bridge?

Fresh Paint

Default Save to buy sandy bridge?

Hey all,

Just wondering if the new sandy bridge motherboards have made their way into the market yet and if I can order one, or if I need to wait.

If I can order them, what do I need to look out for to make sure I am not getting an old one. I only use reputable companies (like Newegg).

thanks!

Default Re: Save to buy sandy bridge?

i think they did but there was a huge recall on them because of one of the bridges i think. im not to sure if any where has them yet or not. i know newegg doesn't i just checked.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmEv View Post
    Or are you talking about vending machine choice C-4?

mmmmm... skittles....
    bench mark software.

video bios flashing guide

If it isn't stock, it's modded! slaveofconvention's Avatar

Intel has requested, and most (if not all) manufacturers have agreed not to ship any sandybridge motherboard until such time as the problem with the SATA thruput has been resolved.

As for your original question, irrespective of the current issue, the answer is almost certainly yes - initial tests and reports on the sandybridge setups show serious power and outstanding value for money. You might even score as intel may well throw out a price cut or two in order to try to override any bad feelings regarding the problems with the first batch of boards (well chipsets)....

Current Projects: Lobo | Unimatrix | High Voltage | Antec 900 Revamp (Phase 2)
    Completed Projects: General Lee | Synergy Green | Liquid Yellow
    Planned Projects: K-9-PC | Limey

Fresh Paint

Sorry... you misunderstand.

I know it's okay to buy the SandyBridge line. My question is:

Are the bad motherboards pulled from all retailers by now, and have the new boards made it into the market?

I.E. If I find a P67 motherboard available on a retailer site (reputible - say NewEgg or TiggerDirect), can I hit "buy now" with reasonable confidence that I will get a new board and not one that was recalled?

Unlocked/Overclocked/Never Stock

According to the original Intel press release on the P67 chipset issue:

The company expects to begin delivering the updated version of the chipset to customers in late February and expects full volume recovery in April.
    This means the first updated boards are probably just now getting to the retailers. I'd wouldn't expect to see P67 boards in any volume until about the end of March or the beginning of April, at the earliest. If you find any of them right now, they probably have the SATA-II degradation issue. That's my opinion.
    http://folding.extremeoverclocking.c...e.php?u=555808

Quote Originally Posted by RogueOpportunist View Post
    In my experience the vast majority of "tech problems" are ID-10-T errors, usually caused by a nut loose on the keyboard.

Fresh Paint

Yeah... after I asked this, I hunted about and couldn't find any for sale from a trusted supplier.

Guess that's going to put my new computer on hold. :-(

I've been reading up on this for a while now.. basically you'll have to wait for a month.

I'm in the same position as you, I'm working on a new build and want to use the 2500K with an OC'ing motherboard. Now I'll have to wait a few weeks !

MSI already corrected the issue and popular form factor boards are shipping to retailers, I haven't seen them in stores yet, and certainly not in my size; Mini ITX!

We should either create a sandy bridge thread updating users on the availability of boards or use this since the chips are incredible. From what I've read OC'ing a 3.3ghz to 5 on after market AIR cooling is "normal"??

TBCS has a 4ghz club, but really a 5ghz one may be in order!

Good luck and let us know when you find them!