Thread: Review: GBU Larkooler KU3-241 Larkooler Extreme Performance Universal G1/4" Liquid Co

Default Review: GBU Larkooler KU3-241 Larkooler Extreme Performance Universal G1/4" Liquid Co

A new story entry has been added:

[drupal=616]Review: GBU Larkooler KU3-241 Larkooler Extreme Performance Universal G1/4" Liquid Cooling Kit[/drupal]

By Curtis Gauger

If your looking to break into the watercooling world, but are uncertain about blocks, radiators, and pumps, Larkooler has you in mind with their new Larkooler Extreme Performance Universal G1/4" Liquid Cooling Kit. The universal kit fits just about every CPU on the market, and comes with everything you'll need to get started...More.

If you can't hack it, you don't own it! Oneslowz28's Avatar

Default Re: Review: GBU Larkooler KU3-241 Larkooler Extreme Performance Universal G1/4" Liqui

Nice review! The new kit looks much more robust and seems more effective than the one I reviewed last year.

Default Re: Review: GBU Larkooler KU3-241 Larkooler Extreme Performance Universal G1/4" Liqui

That's one heck of a title! lol

Unlocked/Overclocked/Never Stock

Never heard of Larkooler before, but the results of the review speak for themselves. The 870 is a space heater, and this kit tamed it very well. I've wanted to experiment with liquid cooling with my 1055T, and this may be the kit that persuades me to do it.
    http://folding.extremeoverclocking.c...e.php?u=555808

Quote Originally Posted by RogueOpportunist View Post
    In my experience the vast majority of "tech problems" are ID-10-T errors, usually caused by a nut loose on the keyboard.

I think its an excellent choice. It was easy to install and way more flexible then an all-in-one unit. I would love to see Larkooler make additional blocks available for GPU's and such. Looks pretty good as well. I will probably end up getting me some Bitspower 90's and mount it under the hood of the Phantom. So far its doing a great job!

great review. i'm looking at getting this kit for a new system i'm building. i'm wondering if this system is robust enough to add a few more blocks to? can i cool a GTX 570 vid card along with the Phenom II X6 and the chipset? not sure how much that radiator can cool.

thanks.
    Every passing hour brings the Solar System forty-three thousand miles closer to Globular Cluster M13 in Hercules — and still there are some misfits who insist that there is no such thing as progress.
    Kurt Vonnegut - Sirens of Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Dane Bramage View Post
    great review. i'm looking at getting this kit for a new system i'm building. i'm wondering if this system is robust enough to add a few more blocks to? can i cool a GTX 570 vid card along with the Phenom II X6 and the chipset? not sure how much that radiator can cool.

thanks.
    I wasn't able to find any data on the radiator due to larkoolers website being in a language that I do not know. I would assume it would cool it to 'acceptable' levels but everything would still be pretty hot, especially under full load. I'd recommend (at minimum) a push/pull fan setup on this double rad or a triple rad. You could also purchase this set and add another single or double rad if it doesn't seem to be cooling enough.
    I'll procrastinate tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by mDust View Post
    I wasn't able to find any data on the radiator due to larkoolers website being in a language that I do not know. I would assume it would cool it to 'acceptable' levels but everything would still be pretty hot, especially under full load. I'd recommend (at minimum) a push/pull fan setup on this double rad or a triple rad. You could also purchase this set and add another single or double rad if it doesn't seem to be cooling enough.
    sweet. thanks man.
    Every passing hour brings the Solar System forty-three thousand miles closer to Globular Cluster M13 in Hercules — and still there are some misfits who insist that there is no such thing as progress.
    Kurt Vonnegut - Sirens of Titan