Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World

Default Re: Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World

i think hes hilarious... just geeky enough to be a geek. lol... and as to the story book above...
    Not dead yet

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Michael Cera hate trip aside, may I make one point.

Has anyone actually read the original graphic novel series? I haven't read the whole series, just part of the first volume, but from that, I would say that Cera is a perfect fit for the character precisely because of the reasons that have been pointed out saying why he's not a very good actor. As the story starts out, the character is exactly as you described Cera, mDust. Then, as the story progresses, the character matures and changes. And, IMO, he did a good job portraying that change.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Quote Originally Posted by x88x View Post
    Michael Cera hate trip aside, may I make one point.

Has anyone actually read the original graphic novel series? I haven't read the whole series, just part of the first volume, but from that, I would say that Cera is a perfect fit for the character precisely because of the reasons that have been pointed out saying why he's not a very good actor. As the story starts out, the character is exactly as you described Cera, mDust. Then, as the story progresses, the character matures and changes. And, IMO, he did a good job portraying that change.
    I don't hate michael cera, but he def. is not a versatile actor nor is he my favorite. But I thought he actually did a damn good job in Scott Pilgrim, probably the best acting I've seen out of him. He actually was a character... not himself in this movie. all his other stuff... not so much. (Although he was funny, just not a great actor lol)
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER

Quote Originally Posted by diluzio91 View Post
    ... and as to the story book above...
    It's all part of my plan to take over the world. It may seem like a pointless rant now, but the pieces will all come together in time.
    I'll procrastinate tomorrow.

I am not a fan of Jonah Hill, Seth Rogen or Michael Cera in fact I usually avoid their movies at all times but I enjoyed Scott Pilgrim vs the World and have seen Green Hornet recently enough and enjoyed that but since the hipsters rule the world for the time being crappy things are gonna stick around for awhile.... so I'll bide my time until the hipsters realize THEY are the mainstream and have to disperse into the vintage void and hopefully take their crappy actors with them!

Custom Title Honors

+10000000

i can't stand jonah hill or seth rogen. micheal cera is amusing to me but he still only really has 1 acting style. that's ok though, he's pretty knew to the scene. he'll either fade away or step up his game. just like jim carey. he basically only had one acting style until recently. now he's quite a damn good actor.

i have been very skeptical about seeing the green hornet because of seth rogen. movies cost too much to go out to see an actor you know you don't like.

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xr4man View Post
    movies cost too much to go out to see an actor you know you don't like.
    And that's why netflix/redbox/etc were invented. Just wait a few months and you can see it real cheap.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Custom Title Honors

and that's why i have netflix.

Quote Originally Posted by x88x View Post
    And that's why netflix/redbox/etc were invented. Just wait a few months and you can see it real cheap.
    Yuppers. And if you look around you can find Redbox codes for free rentals on Thursdays.
    Cheap is good but free is better.

That said just watched this movie. I'm not a huge Michael Cera fan but I did like the movie. The game and comic references are awesome and the music just felt good to me. The soundtrack kind of has a 80's punk feel for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by SXRguyinMA View Post
    Now, off to the basement to do some fiddling with the rods and such.
    so far left of center i'm in right field

I enjoyed the fight scenes and the music the most in that movie. They were both really well done.

The Vegan Police and that corresponding fight scene was both awesome and hilarious. lol