Thread: FREE ARM dev kit!

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

Default FREE ARM dev kit!

A few minor stipulations, but free is free

http://hackaday.com/2011/02/19/free-...-beer-arm-kit/

Default Re: FREE ARM dev kit!

I was excited there for a second, but then read the last stipulation. I'm not killing my arduino for that.

yea me neither. and I don't have a company email to use

If you can't hack it, you don't own it! Oneslowz28's Avatar

Yea that's kinda Retarded. The Arduino hate is getting too out of control. and 99% of the people hating on it are just doing so to look cool. I bet 70% of them could not even write a simple blink loop.

well it doesn't say "Smash your Arduino" just "Smash your current dev board", so the options are open.

If you can't hack it, you don't own it! Oneslowz28's Avatar

well I do have a protostack Dev Board..... nah I like AVR's too much. The Dark Side is too powerful for me to switch to the good side.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneslowz28 View Post
    Yea that's kinda Retarded. The Arduino hate is getting too out of control. and 99% of the people hating on it are just doing so to look cool. I bet 70% of them could not even write a simple blink loop.
    Jealousy is an ugly thing.

Quote Originally Posted by SXRguyinMA View Post
    well it doesn't say "Smash your Arduino" just "Smash your current dev board", so the options are open.
    Well my arduino is my ONLY dev board. I wonder if anyone has fried one of the new smd unos? Someone could get that and smash it and you wouldn't be killing a working board.

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Hmmm, so if I stuck a random IC on a protoboard and said that it was my custom-rolled devboard, would that be good enough?
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

I'm going on a limb here, but if your current dev board was a little board with a couple of other components on, couldn't you destory that and get the fancy dev board?
    Antec Sonata II | Pioneer DVR-212
    Good news! You can follow my website or follow me on twitter!

Being disinterested in Arduinos is not the same as hating them. Personally, I've just got too many other projects and platforms to finish learning before starting (and buying into) yet another one. I never seem to catch up because once I free up some mental slots they get quickly filled with new (to me) systems used for by some client or contract. So instead of shopping for new parts (like Arduinos) and learning and experimenting I usually stick with the parts I know and trust (and have in stock) as much as possible. Arduino is like that cute girl that's been catching your eye for years yet is never quite as hot and immediate as the women you actually end up dating. Chances are I'll get around to the Arduinos right around their EOL threshold, lol, but I certainly don't hate 'em. I don't know enough about 'em to hate.

From an economical standpoint, the $5 TI430MPS USB dev board is probably the most sacrificial ... but I fully agree with the hackaday pundits, this is a wasteful and insulting demand, especially since it also comes with a commandment that thou shalt be an engineering professional.

These Cortex-M0 parts aren't so great anyhow. Judging by specs and price the Arduino parts would probably be a better choice for most needs.
    My mind says Technic, but my body says Duplo.