Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Build My Computer

Default Re: Build My Computer

Quote Originally Posted by dr.walrus View Post
    flip the psu upside down
    Durr... I completely forgot there is an intake fan at the top of this case, spanning the PSU, CPU cooler, and the graphics card slot. Yea, I'll flip the PSU over an all should be right with the world.
    I would really like my Thermaltake prizes... Thanks everyone for my wonderful prizes!

100% Recycled Pixels. Twigsoffury's Avatar

hahha damnit.

well thar ya go.

So right now Newegg has a early Black Friday deal of $20 off the 1100T, bringing it down to the same price as a 1090T. They also have a combo deal with the 560ti I want. After instant rebates and combo discount it's $397 with a $20 MIR. Buy it now or see what the real Black Friday and Cyber Monday have to offer?
    I would really like my Thermaltake prizes... Thanks everyone for my wonderful prizes!

Its not cool till its watercooled. Fuganater's Avatar

Hard decision. You kinda have to just buy. There will always be a better deal down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuganater View Post
    There will always be a better deal down the road.
    This is true.

It'll always....always be at a lower price somewhere else right after you purchase it.

before purchase? same price.

0.0004ms after purchase? 30% off 24 sale blowout on AMD /X4X6/X8 processors, everything must go..now!..NOW!!...NAAOW!1!

Quote Originally Posted by Twigsoffury View Post
    This is true.

It'll always....always be at a lower price somewhere else right after you purchase it.

before purchase? same price.

0.0004ms after purchase Ships? 30% off 24 sale blowout on AMD /X4X6/X8 processors, everything must go..now!..NOW!!...NAAOW!1!

Fixed it for ya
    Not dead yet

The floppy drive is no longer obsolete. AmEv's Avatar

Never from the same store, either. If it was, you MIGHT be able to get a discount.
    Two years. They were great. Let's make the next ones even better!

Tri.fecta

Black Friday and Cyber Monday looks like a bust for most of the components I want. The OCZ deal was pretty good since it was SATA3, and there have been other good ones for SATA2 drives. RAM has been all over the place, but since most have gawdy heat spreaders nowadays I had no reason to jump on them. There seemed to be some decent discounts on mobos too, but I really only have one or two choices since I limited myself to AMD, mATX, USB3 and SATA3. I need new RAM and want a SSD for my laptop, but those'll have to wait til after Christmas anything.

I went ahead and bought the 1100T and 560TI OC'd card from Newegg, as well as the Gigabyte mobo. $489 shipped and $30 worth of MIR. It also came with a Batman code. I'm not sure if I'll play it or not, so PM me if anyone wants it for Christmas. Total cost if all the rebates come through will be $631, which is just fine for me!

Thanks for all the help and discussion guys! I'll of course post pics and stats when I get it all together Wednesday or Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by Datech View Post
    Black Friday and Cyber Monday looks like a bust for most of the components I want. The OCZ deal was pretty good since it was SATA3, and there have been other good ones for SATA2 drives. RAM has been all over the place, but since most have gawdy heat spreaders nowadays I had no reason to jump on them. There seemed to be some decent discounts on mobos too, but I really only have one or two choices since I limited myself to AMD, mATX, USB3 and SATA3. I need new RAM and want a SSD for my laptop, but those'll have to wait til after Christmas anything.

I went ahead and bought the 1100T and 560TI OC'd card from Newegg, as well as the Gigabyte mobo. $489 shipped and $30 worth of MIR. It also came with a Batman code. I'm not sure if I'll play it or not, so PM me if anyone wants it for Christmas. Total cost if all the rebates come through will be $631, which is just fine for me!

Thanks for all the help and discussion guys! I'll of course post pics and stats when I get it all together Wednesday or Thursday.
    Man i'd love batman for christmas!

you might check out mushkin memory, no over the top gawdy heatspreaders, no blingin LEDS all over the place. no pictures of dragons and s@#t on the side..

just fast memory, with effective heatspreaders and excellent timings!

[edit] what sorta LT ram are you looking for? i've got a few 2048MB sticks of DDR2- something or another.

Quote Originally Posted by Twigsoffury View Post
    Man i'd love batman for christmas!

you might check out mushkin memory, no over the top gawdy heatspreaders, no blingin LEDS all over the place. no pictures of dragons and s@#t on the side..

just fast memory, with effective heatspreaders and excellent timings!

[edit] what sorta LT ram are you looking for? i've got a few 2048MB sticks of DDR2- something or another.
    I ended up getting an 8GB set of Mushkin Enhanced Silverline, and you congratulated me for the deal in post 89, lol. Also, I'm glad I bought the bundle yesterday, as the 1100T went back up to $190 today since the 1090T dropped to $160. I "saved" $20 by buying it yesterday, surprisingly.

I'm looking for an 8GB set for my laptop too, and iirc its DDR3-1333. There are a bunch of good deals for sets right now, but I'm going to wait until I can buy a SATAII SSD for my laptop. I run a VM on my laptop for work, so 8GB of RAM and an SSD will be one heck of an upgrade!

Thankfully everything shipped together in one box from California last night. Looks like I'll have a huge distraction right before my Microelectronics final exam on Friday