Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Official - Battlefield 3

100% Recycled Pixels. Twigsoffury's Avatar

Default Re: Official - Battlefield 3

Quote Originally Posted by NightrainSrt4 View Post
    I don't know why I thought I would enjoy this. When you get a good game its great, but most of the time its just lame. Nothing but people sitting in random corners of buildings waiting for that one person to run by. I can put 6 hitmarkers into a guy with my gun, but he turns around and two shots and I'm dead. Suppressed assault rifles killing in less shots from long range than the starter sniper rifle. Bleh.

When it's good it's good. Otherwise its frustrating as hell.
    That's why you stick to mowing everyone down from the comfort of a helicopter.

I do like using the tanks. I can't fly for crap. But I did try the helicopter and I could actually keep it in the air. They must have made it easier in this game than BC2 because I would always crash the chopper within seconds of getting in the air on BC2.

Honestly, I don't enjoy the game as much as I was hoping I would. Battlefield 2 is like my all time favorite battlefield game, and possibly my favorite shooter, but I just felt kinda let down by BF3 and I can't really pinpoint why, however one thing I can say is I don't like it the overall feel to the game. I hate to say this, but it really feels like Bad Company 2.0. BC2 isn't a bad game, and I did enjoy a good amount, but it never felt like a true BF game to me. Now with BF3, it kinda feels like they took BC2 and threw on the large landscapes from BF2 and called it good. And yes, I know I simplified things quite a bit by just saying they increased map size, but that's what it feels like to me in. As a successor to BF3, I don't think it's that great, but as itself, I guess it's not that bad. Hopefully Karkand and some of the other older BF2 maps they bring over will make me want to play more, but until then...... meh
    EVGA P55 LE :: Intel i5-750 @ 3.8 GHz w/ Zalman 9500 :: 2x 2GB Corsair Dominator DDR3 1600 :: ATI Radeon 5850 :: Micro Center G2 64GB SSD :: Samsung F3 1TB :: Western Digital 320GB :: X-Fi Xtreme Music :: Corsair TX-750w :: Windows 7 64-Bit :: Lian Li PC-9F

100% Recycled Pixels. Twigsoffury's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NightrainSrt4 View Post
    I do like using the tanks. I can't fly for crap. But I did try the helicopter and I could actually keep it in the air. They must have made it easier in this game than BC2 because I would always crash the chopper within seconds of getting in the air on BC2.
    yea battlefield 2/3 helicopters fly more like airplanes suspended from a string then a actual helicopter.

My GF can pilot the helicopters on battlefield, but she'll insta crash on flight simulator X.

oh if you want the absolute best MMO war simulator, check out Battleground europe, There is no larger simulator in the industry, and i've been playing for about 11 years now since the very start of it.

horrible horrible graphics, but the trade off is awesome awesome awesome gameplay and stupendous physics.

www.battlegroundeurope.com (free 14 day trial, but ill warn you...the learning curve is great, well because if you can drive a Panzer II-c in Battleground, you could probably successfully drive a PZ-II-c in reality as well)

That was probably the 1st game ever to put multiplayer airplanes in with multiplayer infantry and tanks and ATG's and trucks and ships and sappers and grenediers and blah blah.. all into the same game, on the same map, with the ability to shoot and kill each other (i've ONE TIME ONLY shot a stuka down with a rifle while we was swooping)

its probably one of the only games where every time is unique and everything shooting back at you is a person, not a computer.

did i mention the map takes 43 days to cross by foot and its a 1/2 scale map of europe with no loading screens while in the world? i think its still the largest map for a MMO ever made. but don't hold me to that these days. (little under 19,583 sq mi)

they are also soon planning to add the japanese and africa campaigns which will put the world map at over 50,000 sq miles.

Played some BF3 with the boss tonight... and we got spanked. lol Squad DM is not our forte I think, OvRiDe Plus I am waaay rusty, damn elder scrolls games for taking up all my time lately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER

LOL, I was doing just fine until you got there! JK .. For some reason I just have a hell of a time in Squad DM. I can hold my own in Team DM, but SQDM just kicks my butt. Still alot of fun either way!

The sad thing is you are probably right, haha that was the first time I have played that.
    ber is id elicous

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

whats your Origin name BG? Mines same as here

mine is same on here as well sir william
    ber is id elicous