Thread: Higher windows resolution than screen

I mod everything I touch. Indybird's Avatar

Default Higher windows resolution than screen

Ok I'd like to set my windows resolution particularly higher than my screen can handle. I don't care if it scales and looks ugly, or it makes me around my desktop. I just need a really big resolution desktop.

Do you guys have any ideas? I searched the web I couldn't find a single thing that pertained to my specific query.

Thanks,
    Nick

If it isn't stock, it's modded! slaveofconvention's Avatar

Default Re: Higher windows resolution than screen

http://lifehacker.com/306725/360desk...olling-desktop - tadaaaa

Unlimited desktop width - idn about height though....

Current Projects: Lobo | Unimatrix | High Voltage | Antec 900 Revamp (Phase 2)
    Completed Projects: General Lee | Synergy Green | Liquid Yellow
    Planned Projects: K-9-PC | Limey

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Scaling large resolutions down only worked on CRT displays (when it did); LCDs straight up won't even pretend to take a higher resolution than they can handle except by doing the 2D scrolling thing.

As for the 2D scrolling, usually this is a driver "feature". IIRC, Intel drivers do it. I haven't noticed my nVidia drivers doing it recently...usually people complain about it being a problem, not seek it out. OOC, what purpose do you need it for?
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

I mod everything I touch. Indybird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slaveofconvention View Post
    http://lifehacker.com/306725/360desk...olling-desktop - tadaaaa

Unlimited desktop width - idn about height though....
    Oh that kinda looks like what I want, but the download links on their website are broken

Quote Originally Posted by x88x View Post
    Scaling large resolutions down only worked on CRT displays (when it did); LCDs straight up won't even pretend to take a higher resolution than they can handle except by doing the 2D scrolling thing.

As for the 2D scrolling, usually this is a driver "feature". IIRC, Intel drivers do it. I haven't noticed my nVidia drivers doing it recently...usually people complain about it being a problem, not seek it out. OOC, what purpose do you need it for?
    I was hoping there was some kind of program (similar to hydravision, for instance) that would allow for scaling or scrolling.

I want to take really large screenshots of google maps and related web-apps.

-Nick

For Google Earth images, I save a grid of images each overlapping the others some. I then use Autostitch to put the images together.
    I have a hammer! I can put things together! I can knock things apart! I can alter my environment at will and make an incredible din all the while! -Calvin