Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CCC Fail?

Default CCC Fail?

So i finally got my 6850 back, went in and installed the drivers, played some games. Its working great. I notice that the fans are running a little high, so i go to CCC to change them, and when I click on CCC, Nothing happens. My cursor spins for a couple seconds, then nothing. I have uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times, Including once in safe mode. I'm at my wits end here. I need CCC!
    Not dead yet

Default Re: CCC Fail?

Go to a previous version maybe?

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

i've rolled back to 10.x didnt help.
    Not dead yet

i had this same issue when i flashed my bios. i even went back tot he original bios and still had the issue. i just kept messing with ti uninstalling it and running cc cleaner and drive sweeper to get it to work. ccc has a mind of its own sometimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmEv View Post
    Or are you talking about vending machine choice C-4?

mmmmm... skittles....
    bench mark software.

video bios flashing guide

yay... well I guess I'm reinstalling my OS this weekend... Again. I guess I'm due though...
    Not dead yet

Quote Originally Posted by diluzio91 View Post
    yay... well I guess I'm reinstalling my OS this weekend... Again. I guess I'm due though...
    yeah ive had to do that far to many times in the past 2 months. it all should work fine after you reinstall everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmEv View Post
    Or are you talking about vending machine choice C-4?

mmmmm... skittles....
    bench mark software.

video bios flashing guide

hoorah...
    Not dead yet

outside the net, inputting games for pleasure

I myself am having such a problem with my computer currently. I installed the software that was included with the video card, including an earlier version of Catalyst Control Center, and CCC worked perfectly well, but when I upgraded to a newer version of the program, it would not open. This is even more unusual because when I performed the same upgrade on a different computer, the new version of CCC would function normally.

For further information, here are the relevant specifications of the two computers that I am using.

Computer 1
    Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 945, 3 gigahertz
    Operating System: Windows 7 Home edition (64-bit version)
    Memory: 4 gigabytes (2 X 2 gigabytes) DDR3 SDRAM, dual-channel
    Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 4870, 1 gigabyte GDDR5, 256-bit interface

Computer 2
    Processor: I actually cannot recall its exact specifications, and I do not have it with me currently, but it is a quad-core Intel processor with an operating frequency of 2.6 gigahertz.
    Operating System: Windows 7 Professional edition (32-bit version)
    Memory: 4 gigabytes (2 X 2 gigabytes) DDR2 SDRAM
    Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 4300/4500, 512 megabytes GDDR3

I installed the earlier version of Catalyst Control Center on both computers, and it functioned without problems on both of them, and I then upgraded the program on each of them, but it then functioned on only the second computer. I thought that it may have been because I was running the 64-bit version of Windows 7 on the first one, but I had been certain to download the 64-bit version of the program, and it had functioned perfectly well before. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the program and drivers more than once, but that did not resolve my problem, either, so I am not entirely certain what else I should do. If anyone can assist me on this subject, I would be very grateful. Thank you very much.
    "When the people fear the government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." -Thomas Jefferson.

"Those who would trade their freedoms for security will have neither." -Benjamin Franklin

Its not cool till its watercooled. Fuganater's Avatar

Q6600 is your proc in question.

outside the net, inputting games for pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by Fuganater View Post
    Q6600 is your proc in question.
    Yes, now that you have stimulated my memory, I do recall that that is the processor that my second computer has. Did you know by the specifications that I provided, and is it relevant to this subject?
    "When the people fear the government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." -Thomas Jefferson.

"Those who would trade their freedoms for security will have neither." -Benjamin Franklin