Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What Laptop to Choose

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Default Re: What Laptop to Choose

Lenovo also makes good laptops, if you're looking around. Personally, if I were buying a laptop I would go with either a Lenovo, Asus, or Sager (in that order).
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

also, avoid anything with nvidia optimus if you plan to play games on the computer. Any game that uses punk buster will kick you for using it.
    Not dead yet

Custom Title Honors

Ill have to take a look at some more lenovo's then. Last I seen, the ones in my range didn't really have much for graphics. Also have to find Sager. Most of my searches have been in Tiger, the Egg and Amazon plus some of the local box stores.

I didn't know that with optimus and punk buster? Why though? I thought optimus was just nvidias battery saver for the graphics card... that is weird. Thanks though, will have to keep an eye out for that. Far Cry 2 uses punk buster which is the only game I own that does.

Thanks guys!

On Backup:: CPU- Q9300 Stock HS/F :: MB- Intel board :: RAM- 4 GB Corsair Dominator DDR2 1066 (2x2GB) :: GFX- 8800GS HDD- 320GB OS; 1x2TB Storage :: ROM- DVD-ROM :: PSU- Antec 48W :: OS- Win7 x64 :: CASE- CM Centurion 590 :: MON- Dell 1708FP :: MOUSE- Logitech G5 ::

its a big fiasco, any punk buster game throws "multiple 3d error" or something to that effect, basicly because the laptop switches between integrated and discreet graphics it has both drivers loaded at once, causing punk buster to freak out.
    Not dead yet

Quote Originally Posted by diluzio91 View Post
    its a big fiasco, any punk buster game throws "multiple 3d error" or something to that effect, basicly because the laptop switches between integrated and discreet graphics it has both drivers loaded at once, causing punk buster to freak out.
    Wait, so Punkbuster doesn't work with multiple GPUs either? That's ridiculous! That's going to suck when I...when I.... *realises he doesn't play any multiplayer games that use punkbuster* ...hmm, ok, nvm then..
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by x88x View Post
    Wait, so Punkbuster doesn't work with multiple GPUs either? That's ridiculous! That's going to suck when I...when I.... *realises he doesn't play any multiplayer games that use punkbuster* ...hmm, ok, nvm then..
    Multiple GPUs are okay, heck, even hydra (onboard + discreet) works, its just optimus... and BFBC2 used PB.
    Not dead yet

Weird.
    --Benjamin Franklin

Custom Title Honors

I know its old now, but we did get a laptop.

The wife narrowed it down to wanting it now so that only left us with retail stores.

We went with the Toshiba Satellite A665-3DV6

While it was mostly for her, I still wanted to play some of my games which I can do on med settings in FC2 and CSS. Music and Movies are also very impressive with the built in speakers. The 720 is beautiful and even plays well on larger TV's in 720. Avatar was amazing on my dad's 32" lcd.

On Backup:: CPU- Q9300 Stock HS/F :: MB- Intel board :: RAM- 4 GB Corsair Dominator DDR2 1066 (2x2GB) :: GFX- 8800GS HDD- 320GB OS; 1x2TB Storage :: ROM- DVD-ROM :: PSU- Antec 48W :: OS- Win7 x64 :: CASE- CM Centurion 590 :: MON- Dell 1708FP :: MOUSE- Logitech G5 ::

Quote Originally Posted by Airbozo View Post
    I have the Asus G73JH (A1 I think (the one with the ATI GFX and raid setup)) and I love it!

I hate the smaller screens so I am biased.

This thing is heavy though. Mine came with a backpack and gaming mouse. The backpack is nice and has withstood some high-speed Motorcycle runs.. lol!
    wait how did you get it in to raid >.<
    Quote Originally Posted by lastweek View Post
    Not only will it probably catch fire to your house, it will probably shoot peices out of your case and kill your cat. make sure you video tape your expierment.
    Quote Originally Posted by StormRider View Post
    Write your will before you turn it on