Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Latest Purchase Thread

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Default Re: Your Latest Purchase Thread

Quote Originally Posted by msmrx57 View Post
    Precisely.
    Huh. I would have thought they would want to make it harder to shoot quickly, not reload quickly... *shrugs* Eh, politics, what ya gonna do.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Quote Originally Posted by x88x View Post
    Huh. I would have thought they would want to make it harder to shoot quickly, not reload quickly... *shrugs* Eh, politics, what ya gonna do.
    because the homicidal maniac could never take a small rod and glue it to the button. lol... politicians make me laugh
    Not dead yet

Quote Originally Posted by diluzio91 View Post
    because the homicidal maniac could never take a small rod and glue it to the button. lol... politicians make me laugh
    lol, exactly. here in Banada any semi auto rifle is limited to 5 rounds per mag. and the only thing that stops the bad guy is a single rivet..... same with pistols, the limit is 10 rounds, so again a simple little rivet is all that needs to be removed.
    CPU: Q6600 G0 3.5GHz@1.4v (4.2GHz max) / 4790k 4.8ghz @1.265v
    GPU: 9800GTX /GTX780 hydrocopper
    Ram: Samsung 4GB /gskill 16gb DDR3 1600
    Mobo: EVGA-NF68-A1 680i (P32) /AsRock Extreme6
    PSU: Enermax Galaxy 850Watt /EVGA 850 G2
    HDD: OCZ 120GB Vertex4, Samsung evo 840 250GB
    LCD: Samsung 32" LN32A450, Samsung 226BW 22" wide
    Sound: Logtiech Z 5500
    CPU & GPU: 3x Swiftech MCR320, 2x MCP655, MCW60 R2, Dtek Fuzion V2, 18 high speed yates @ 5v

The floppy drive is no longer obsolete. AmEv's Avatar

Wow.

Now I feel SO safe.

Rather than design whole new guns, let's gimp it, and make it "harder" to cause bad things.
    HAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAH....no
    Two years. They were great. Let's make the next ones even better!

Tri.fecta

I'll keep my automatic .22 here, thanks.

Sometimes it's nice to live in the South.
    Project:Mithril, sponsored by Petra's Tech Shop and Sidewinder Computers-MOTM Nominee October '08

I Maryland the limit is 20 rounds. ..though, that's only for buy/sell/transfer/etc. IIRC there's no law saying you can't buy a larger magazine somewhere else and use it in MD.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin

Some supplies to make my first knife-a preworked blade blank, spalted white ash (leftover from Mithril, natch) and brass pins, as well as bluing and files for filework on the tang. I know a fair bit about metalwork (worked in a bodyshop growing up) and with my failing right eye I'm doing what I can to enjoy the things I've wanted to do all my life. When we get home I'm building a forge to play with making my own damascus...

I won't say that I'm tired of PCs-I'm working on getting myself a quad-socket F system up and talking to itself, but it will be nice to work with something that will not be obsolete as soon as I put it down. I'm thinking about making the rest of my blackpowder supplies as well.

Benefits to living in the woods.
    Project:Mithril, sponsored by Petra's Tech Shop and Sidewinder Computers-MOTM Nominee October '08

Heheh, so here's something fun I picked up last night. Only $125.

1982 Honda CM450E. Not in the best of shape...and there's no title...so I'm going to be taking care of that before I put another dime into it, juuust in case...but once you get past the basically shot seat cushion, every single light being broken (I'm sorry, most I could accept, but all of them? Was that really an accident? ), and a bunch of other stuff being dismantled, it doesn't actually look in bad shape. The engine, transmission, and carbs look physically fine (on the outside at least), the exhaust looks in good shape (so far) and there doesn't appear the be much rust on it. So, pull that stuff out, give it a good cleaning and a quick engine rebuild, and I think it'll run just fine.

What does the future hold for this bike? Well, some of it will be moving over the it's older, slightly smaller brother next to it under the cover (1980 CM400T), some of it will be going in the parts bin, but the rest of it.. Well, let's just say I'm going to be learning a lot about electric motor design over the next year or so.
    --Benjamin Franklin

Custom Title Honors BuzzKillington's Avatar

- Some black tactical pants for work from LAPG.
    - Seidio Innocase II (awesome cellphone case FYI)
    - Joye 510 kit
    - 8 boxes of contacts. I'm surprised they allowed me to order -4.25's and -4.5's. My prescription is over a year old and it was -4 back then.

Also a new PS3 bluetooth courtesy of the new ebay seller who sold me one missing the ear hook... and special thanks to ebay for holding funds in his paypal account.
    PS3: CaptBuzzCooler

Quote Originally Posted by Kayin View Post
    I'll keep my automatic .22 here, thanks.

Sometimes it's nice to live in the South.
    You don't have to live in the south. All gun laws are screwed because the only people that follow them are law abiding citizens. Criminals could care less what gets passed into law but tend to avoid guns that go to full auto because they are two bit hoods not federal kingpins. Oh well maybe with this pending government shut down this country can make some progress in the right direction for once. My pending latest purchase will be my sons birthday present will definitely post here when its home.
    Regedit'ed, Rooted, and Jailbroke anymore questions?
    Here’s a bumper sticker I’d like to see: “We are the proud parents of a child who’s self-esteem is sufficient that he doesn’t need us promoting his minor scholastic achievements on the back of our car.”