Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My 1970 Chevelle SS

Default Re: My 1970 Chevelle SS

Quote Originally Posted by chevyboy_0 View Post
    We have one on the shelf for another project of ours....a 69 Camaro Factory 4spd with a wicked high compression 450hp 327

BS: We are almost ready to roll a customers '71 in to the booth hopefully by the end of the week. Like I said Ill dig up some pics of the Show car and some other projects were working on. We have a '57 chevy truck that I really want to put a 6BT/NV4500 in but my stepdad isnt so hot on that idea
    The only way that'd be better is if you said a roller 302...

Tell him you WILL build the 6BT. 12-Valve P-Pump. Little tuning at it will run like bat out of hell. Probably swap the rear axle out for more beef. HO72 would be a good option for a more factory style.
    Current Projects
    -1979 Jeep DJ5 "Mail Jeep"
    -1981 Chevrolet K10

A big old Tease Apparently DonT-FeaR's Avatar

ill admit.. i love ricers..

But this.. this is where its at..

currently doing up my little ricer and then oneday ill get a muscle car or a 4wd or something
    Quote Originally Posted by Drum Thumper View Post
    you tease!

Fresh Paint

Quote Originally Posted by altec View Post
    The only way that'd be better is if you said a roller 302...

Tell him you WILL build the 6BT. 12-Valve P-Pump. Little tuning at it will run like bat out of hell. Probably swap the rear axle out for more beef. HO72 would be a good option for a more factory style.
    Thats what I told him, I'd change the fuel plate, tweak the pump, run some 4" exhaust, Airaid intake, and possibly a bigger hair dryer, and the rear I was thinking a D60, with some 4.11's and some beefy axles would fit in just nicely.
    Current Rig- Dell Dimension 2400 - 2.2hz Celeron, 256kb DDR - Current rig until new on is built

Rig in Progress- MSI G31TM-P21, 3.6ghz P4, 8gb ram, 160GB Seagate Barracuda, Nvidia GeForce 8500GT

Fresh Paint

Here is a pic with the '57 show car and our '55 project car, the '57 is running a Ramjet 502 BBC/T56, shortened 9" out back with 4.11s, mini tubbed 3" the whole frame was powder coated silver, the underside of the body was color matched and bed linered, the interior is 8way power seats from a Lexus, Focal 12 speaker 2400watt stereo. It has one Best Ride on Intros, Staff Pick, and one more I can't remember from Goodguys Rod and Customs, as well as Judges Pick from the Altamont Cruisers Nostalgia Day, and Best 50's from the Stockton County Car show.

The '55 is completely original with no rust, the motor is a 265 V-8 with a 4bbl on top, and a 3 on the tree, the 56yr old original motor still runs but smokes a bit as you can see in the picture....The plans for this one include either a 283sbc or a TPI 305 and 5speed from a 87 IROC Camaro.

Current Rig- Dell Dimension 2400 - 2.2hz Celeron, 256kb DDR - Current rig until new on is built

Rig in Progress- MSI G31TM-P21, 3.6ghz P4, 8gb ram, 160GB Seagate Barracuda, Nvidia GeForce 8500GT

Thats what I told him, I'd change the fuel plate, tweak the pump, run some 4" exhaust, Airaid intake, and possibly a bigger hair dryer, and the rear I was thinking a D60, with some 4.11's and some beefy axles would fit in just nicely.
    Yep. I used to drive a '97 Cummins. It was a father/son project. we replaced the fuel plate, new Gov springs, 320hP injectors, upgraded turbo wheels, manual waste gate, straight 5", and the killer dowel pin fix. The factory 47RE didn't last all that long. I'm wanting to do a manual swap after my truck is done if I can do it for less then the cost of a semi-built 47Re build.

The reason I said the HO72 was for more of a stock look. The only bad thing would be the gearing thought. 60 would still be mean. As long as you stay away from the *yawn* 9".

Here is a pic with the '57 show car and our '55 project car, the '57 is running a Ramjet 502 BBC/T56, shortened 9" out back with 4.11s, mini tubbed 3" the whole frame was powder coated silver, the underside of the body was color matched and bed linered, the interior is 8way power seats from a Lexus, Focal 12 speaker 2400watt stereo. It has one Best Ride on Intros, Staff Pick, and one more I can't remember from Goodguys Rod and Customs, as well as Judges Pick from the Altamont Cruisers Nostalgia Day, and Best 50's from the Stockton County Car show.

The '55 is completely original with no rust, the motor is a 265 V-8 with a 4bbl on top, and a 3 on the tree, the 56yr old original motor still runs but smokes a bit as you can see in the picture....The plans for this one include either a 283sbc or a TPI 305 and 5speed from a 87 IROC Camaro.

[MG]http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b72/chevyboy_0/3172010080.jpg[/IMG]
    The 55 is sweet. I could never bring myself to mess with it. All the power to you though!
    Current Projects
    -1979 Jeep DJ5 "Mail Jeep"
    -1981 Chevrolet K10

Fresh Paint

for the '55 I want to be a period style hot rod look but the boss wants to be something different.. :/ oh well its not my car to mess with.

We have one on the shelf for another project of ours....a 69 Camaro Factory 4spd with a wicked high compression 450hp 327

BS: We are almost ready to roll a customers '71 in to the booth hopefully by the end of the week. Like I said Ill dig up some pics of the Show car and some other projects were working on. We have a '57 chevy truck that I really want to put a 6BT/NV4500 in but my stepdad isnt so hot on that idea

pics pics pics
    Life is tough, it's even tougher when you're stupid. - John Wayne

Fresh Paint

Update on the '71 for BS mods we finished the jams, and were going to start the final sanding tomorrow and hopefully it will be painted this week. I will post up a couple pics when I get a chance

Update on the '71 for BS mods we finished the jams, and were going to start the final sanding tomorrow and hopefully it will be painted this week. I will post up a couple pics when I get a chance

Hey cool.

I just got in the house from spending about 4 hours just lining up the doors to be perfect. Found rust free doors and deck lid from another car. Let the alignment fun begin.
    Life is tough, it's even tougher when you're stupid. - John Wayne

Fresh Paint

Good find on those doors and decklid, hopefully you picked em up for a decent price.