Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lookin for some boomers

Default Re: Lookin for some boomers

I have a set you might like, and I'd really like to sell the whole set. PM me if you are interested.

can a sound card produce an unamplified signal? allowing the speakers to do the amplification?
    Not dead yet

Custom Title Honors

that's the way sound cards work. they produce a low level signal and the speakers have the amps in them. you have to get a pretty high end sound card to have one that produces an amplified signal.

Quote Originally Posted by xr4man View Post
    that's the way sound cards work. they produce a low level signal and the speakers have the amps in them. you have to get a pretty high end sound card to have one that produces an amplified signal.
    ...and even then, it's not a very big amp onboard.

Look into T-amps for some low buck amps that hit way above their price point.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

lol... those speakers are LOUD.... i have windows volume at 5%, and itunes at ~50% and they are still pretty noisey...
    Not dead yet

mentally overclocked Cale_Hagan's Avatar

i have an asus xonar, d2x and its mind blowing, sound card wise. i know you will think im crazy, but a good set of headphones were discontinued 15+ years ago. my friends dad, was bass guitar in the surfari's and i really love the sound. i never thought headphones could sound soo good. sterling tl400's. they were mind blowing. it was funny i came home talking about amazing beats, and also talking about a taco shop i just tried, and that they were the best, and you could tell they thought i was high. far from it though.
    "The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.” -George Carlin

“Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.” -George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by DynamoNED
    Any contest that lacks integrity is no contest at all

100% Recycled Pixels. Twigsoffury's Avatar

nothing beats a car amp running on a PC power supply with a in line capacitor

The floppy drive is no longer obsolete. AmEv's Avatar

Youtube?
    Two years. They were great. Let's make the next ones even better!

Tri.fecta

Custom Title Honors

Quote Originally Posted by Twigsoffury View Post

Any issues with "auto shutdown" running on the pc psu? what is your amperage rating on that?

I did that for a bit, but at peak (split second) the subs would pull 25+ amp. Under-powering them would cause the amp to shutdown for a couple seconds then kick back in and resume the beats. I ended up buying a dedicated variable voltage psu with peak amp of 30 and it seems to correct it.

2 12" L7 solobarics w/2KW amp at 2ohm. It was quite impressive though. It put most high end subwoofers to shame for the price.

On Backup:: CPU- Q9300 Stock HS/F :: MB- Intel board :: RAM- 4 GB Corsair Dominator DDR2 1066 (2x2GB) :: GFX- 8800GS HDD- 320GB OS; 1x2TB Storage :: ROM- DVD-ROM :: PSU- Antec 48W :: OS- Win7 x64 :: CASE- CM Centurion 590 :: MON- Dell 1708FP :: MOUSE- Logitech G5 ::

mentally overclocked Cale_Hagan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Twigsoffury View Post

yep! ive ghetto rigged that for home use.... for my friend. haha
    "The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.” -George Carlin

“Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.” -George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by DynamoNED
    Any contest that lacks integrity is no contest at all