Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Air flow advice for a old guy new builder

Fresh Paint

Default Air flow advice for a old guy new builder

I built my first PC with an Antec 900..(loved the air flow--was like a hoover dustbuster)I was on air Dark Knight push-pull and with the 200mm top fan the way it sat was fine.
    Im running Corsair H70 now with 38mm Sycthe 3k fans push-pull-drawing air INTO the case with a 24mm shroud on the inlet side on the outside of the case.
    I picked up a CoolMaster 690II Advanced ..love the case.

Heres what i have set up and im seaking advice for better flow..Againt the H70 drawing cool air in with the shroud again mounted on the outside..top of the case 2 Antec 3 speed 120mm 90cfm fans on high-Bottom one 140mm 1000 rpm 45cfm--drawing air in from the bottom--front the included front 140mm 1000 rpm 45cfm drawing in.

please bear in mind with those UK's on an already sizeable radiator unless i cut the lines and go with a remote res. where its mounted is where it has to stay.with both fans its a big piece.

Oh my system set up..A Gigabyte UD3H 785-955 c3 3.9 at 1.475v NB 2800mhz. NB V 1.450.System 7 64bit Ultimate.Under Prime blend 65bit idle 26c-28c..Load 44-48c.Both the Corsair contact plate and the cpu have been lapped to a mirror and are perfectly flat.

Any help is great,thank in advance.

Default Re: Air flow advice for a old guy new builder

i feel like this would be your best bet.

due to the fact that heat likes to rise
    Not dead yet

Dumping radiator heat inside the case is never a good idea. I'd definitely flip those fans around to exhaust just like diluzio91 painted.

Is anything overheating? Or is this a preemptive strike?
    I'll procrastinate tomorrow.

Fresh Paint

No is running warm....i have been running the H70 like this since i got it with the Antec i just the side off and those dang--yes i said dang-Sycthe fans were like have a fan blowing against my leg so just want to keep the side on without creating extra heat.What he has outlined there is very close to what i have but the rear fan is my H70 pulling air in---i did the H70 the exhaust from the case way first and i lost 4c by pulling air in..

what is your current fan setup? just curious, im better with images than with text descriptions
    Not dead yet

Fresh Paint

Okay
    rear---H70 with the Sythce fans etc--IN--ran this way for cooler temps
    top--two 120mm 90cfm fans OUT
    front--140mm fan IN
    Bottom--140mm IN

Stupidity feeds my children blueonblack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ehud View Post
    Okay
    rear---H70 with the Sythce fans etc--IN--ran this way for cooler temps
    top--two 120mm 90cfm fans OUT
    front--140mm fan IN
    Bottom--140mm IN
    This seems ideal to me given your setup.
    “Do not trust people like me. I will take you to museums, and parks, and monuments, and kiss you in every beautiful place, so that you can never go back to them without tasting me like blood in your mouth. I will destroy you in the most beautiful way possible, and when I leave you will finally understand why storms are named after people.”

some people like to have more negative pressure then positive. by negative i mean more air being pushed out then in. and vice versa.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmEv View Post
    Or are you talking about vending machine choice C-4?

mmmmm... skittles....
    bench mark software.

video bios flashing guide

An intake at the rear seems like a bad idea. Because that fan will feed the exhausts near it, you risk significantly reduced airflow over the components in the middle of the case.

I had a similar deal with a watercooled graphics card recentley. It was better for the temps on the card if it acted as an intake, but better for the rest of the system for it to exhaust.

Fresh Paint

Just took the 24mm shroud from the outside of the case and mounted it to the rear intake fan...now its on the inside and after 3 hrs load Max Prime 45c.
    Room temp 73f.Now it draws extra hard on the rear intake..ck flow with a small piece of paper the top fans are really moving some air and the bottom fan and front are also drawing well.
    The CPU is a 955 c3 with 1.475v---NB 2850 1.475v--Ram 2.1v..ooh im at 3.950..FSB with multi