Thread: Best Case for my Purpose

Default Best Case for my Purpose

Hi guys,
    I'm buying a new PC and I have the hard task to choose a case for it.
    I like to mod cases but, unfortunately, I won't have time to mod it so I wanted to modify it as little as possible.
    My conditions are:
    - Price range up to $140
    - Black Interior
    - It needs to fit a dual 120mm radiator in dual fan INSIDE
    - Big interior
    - (If possible) With acrylic side window or mesh window ( I can mod it)

I've been thinking about many cases but I can't decide. I only know the "famous" ones but there should be many good other options.
    Please, help me with this tough decision =D

Att,

Gabriel Siqueira

I mod everything I touch. Indybird's Avatar

Default Re: Best Case for my Purpose

NZXT Phantom. Its even on sale right now for $99, but if you miss it its still in your price range.

I just ordered me one of these in white, but that one is black with a pre-painted black interior. It fits a dual 120mm radiator up top, fits an E-ATX mobo & HD5970 (big interior), and it has a mesh window. It even comes with 4 fans and a built in controller with connections for all of the other possible fans.

This case (in my opinion) is one of the best pre-mods you can buy.

-Nick

Lol. ^ thats what i said as soon as i read your post, you can also go with one of the HAF cases, which are also on sale.
    Not dead yet

The phantom is a really good option. But, is there enough space between the top and the mobo to fit a rad with fans in both sides?

The best case for me would be the CM690 II Advance ( Window Edition), which is black, has an acrylic side window, is big and fit up to 2 rads. Well, I don't like its look.

umm... i have one, and without modding you wont be able to fit push pull fans on a rad on it. not even close
    Not dead yet

I mod everything I touch. Indybird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by siqueirah View Post
    The phantom is a really good option. But, is there enough space between the top and the mobo to fit a rad with fans in both sides?

The best case for me would be the CM690 II Advance ( Window Edition), which is black, has an acrylic side window, is big and fit up to 2 rads. Well, I don't like its look.
    Thats a pretty amazing case also, esp. for the price. I guess I'm just a sucker for the Phantoms looks

Antec makes quiet a few cases with your needs and specifications. Try looking through some of their stuff. You can sort by brand on Newegg.

Hehe, I love the Tempest EVO look but it's the same problem.
    Antec has a pretty good case for my purpose, like the 12 hundred or the DF-85, but they are too expensive for me =X
    BTW, unfortunately I can't buy anything from NewEgg, which has great prices, because they only ship to confirmed adresses. I'll be in the USA for 2 weeks and in a hotel. =X
    Thank you for your help
    If you remember any other cases, just say it

Att,

Gabriel Siqueira

What about the Antec Nine Hundred Two? Basically just a smaller Twelve Hundred. You can front mount the 240mm Radiator. The only issue is that it's a little small. Well, it's not small. It's more like medium. So, yeah.

You might just have to fork over the extra $20 for the Twelve Hundred. I'd say it's well worth it.

Another option would be to buy used. Pretty affordable via Amazon.

I can't think of any cases that meet your requirements within that price range. You're asking for premium features, you'll have to pay a premium price. The one's we've listed so far have been the cheapest I've been able to find.

The Phantom claims Dual Radiator Support, FYI. After reviewing it for your consideration, I'd say this is your best option. It really depends on how big your motherboard is. If it's not too terribly large I'd say you could fit a top mounted 240mm radiator up in there. You might be able to either way. Look through some review photo shoots to decide for yourself. There are also drive cages that if you can remove (I don't know if they can be) you could then put the radiator on the side panel or on the bottom of the case.