Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Modding a case - need newbie tips ^^;

Overclocked

Default Re: Modding a case - need newbie tips ^^;

Aight now I have my build idea (no images yet, i cant have access to a scanner). Im thinking about getting new POWER and RESET buttons and put them in the little USB panel at the bottom of the panel, that way it will look clearer. Im also thinking about using plexi with the 2 sides painted silver for my POWER and HDD LEDs, so I will stick my HDD and POWER LEDs to it and hopefully the silver painting to conduct the lights to one border of the plexi piece that will be glued to the front panel (instead of using 2 round holes, I went for an original shot by using one plexi border to conduct the light to the other side).

Ill also stick with the tainted plexi replacing the grey corners we can see on the front panel, and I will also cover the disk bays with the same dark plexi.

The only thing I still dont know is about the intake; I dont know how to shape it. I noticed the place where my POWER, RESET and LEDs (between my 3.5'' bay and my ''USB panel'') are currenly placed, has a curving in it. My first idea was to cut this whole panel out and replace it with another so I can shape it the way I want. The problem is, how will I get the original curving my current panel has? I cant heat the new plactic and curve it the way I want, itll get al lfuzzy. I cant use the original panel to curve it too, since the POWER button has a relief.

Im thinking about some things right now.. but meanwhile any ideas you would have would be greatly appreciated. I was thinking about some trappings that would cover the whole panel, but I need to know if this idea will works. Thanks!

some custom title eh Cannibal23's Avatar

lol i have the exact same case sitting on my desk at work. crazy... anyways. i think if you got creative with a drimmel and measured stuff out with a compas you could probably fit a bigger fan in the front panel and on the outside plastics just cut arround whatever you want to keep. most likely you could do the same on the back too.
    - The stone knows not why the chistle cleves it
    - The steel knows not why the fire scorches it
    - When thy life is cleft and scorched
    - Curse not thine evil fate
    - Thank the builder for the trials that shape thee.

Overclocked

The same case.. Do you mean, the ''square''-themed one? Or the while-grey-black-strange case?

Ill think about using a bigger fan both as front intake and back blowing.. I dont have unlimited budget tho o_O And I need quiet fans..

Yesterday I cleaned my CPU heatsink and I noticed the fan is only a 12V 0.06A... I may change it for another fan I have around.

Ill think about the whole stuff Ill be doing, I need to know what I am going to need for this, Ill need to buy them, to ask my father if he wants (thisll be the first step), and then get to work. Most of the tools I am going to need are where my father works, I dont know if he will let me use them.

ATX Mental Case

i would just knock out the whole bottom of the front panel and add either a 140 fan 130 or a normal 120.

Overclocked

I want something stylish and stealthy, so no big holes. Ill think about it, since right now Ive got other things to do.. :S