Thread: Gigabyte - Fail Fan

Default Gigabyte - Fail Fan

I have an AMD 6850 from gygabyte, and it has the dual fan design on the sink. I just noticed this today, but one of the fans dosnt spin, irregardless of what settings i change in CCC. Anyone else have a card with the "twin Frozor" design on it? The temps are still awesome for an air cooler and dont go above 58 even on full load overclocked. It will be under water by the end of the week. just thought it was odd.
    Not dead yet

Default Re: Gigabyte - Fail Fan

Check for wires in the fan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothair View Post
    I guess it's just widely used and has had some of the best people in the world work on it, costing a ridiculous amount of money, for no actual reason. :/
    Have you checked out the front page lately?
    Projects:
    Moe's Tavern | Sponsored by: Mimo Monitors, Crucial, Thermaltake
    Book Of Knowledge

If you can't hack it, you don't own it! Oneslowz28's Avatar

Download EVGA Precision, load it up and set the fans to 100% This is the only way I can get my fans to do anything over 20% on any of my video cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneslowz28 View Post
    Download EVGA Precision, load it up and set the fans to 100% This is the only way I can get my fans to do anything over 20% on any of my video cards.
    CCC changes the fan speed, but only on the one fan. I guess its a moot point as my hold down kit came today for the card, but i think i might be taking the sink apart to see if a wire got pulled out.
    Not dead yet

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

CCC works perfectly on my 5850, can set the fan speed anywhere from 20% - 100% manually, but even fully overclocked (in CCC anyways) and under hard loading on auto the fan never gets over 35%. Anything under 40% is pretty much inaudible

Quote Originally Posted by SXRguyinMA View Post
    CCC works perfectly on my 5850, can set the fan speed anywhere from 20% - 100% manually, but even fully overclocked (in CCC anyways) and under hard loading on auto the fan never gets over 35%. Anything under 40% is pretty much inaudible
    lol... my one fan runs at 70% on idle when the die temp is 30*C
    Not dead yet