Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Million Man Lan IV

ATX Mental Case

Default Million Man Lan IV

At the end of June there is an event being held in Loiusville, KY called Million Man Lan. Many of the folks from GruntvillE went last year, including myself, and had a freakin BLAST! 4 Days of Gaming Goodness and plenty of sweet mods to look at. There were 1200 people there last year and they are expecting over 1500 this time around. It will be June 23-26th and costs $50 for the full event.

If you are interested then you need to head over to the MML Website and register. And if you want to sit with a group of fun people, currently numbering about 30, then send me an e-mail with the name you used to register and I will include you in our group seating request.

I know that a few of the folks here, they know who they are, are planning on going so I wanted to give them a heads up about registering and so on.

l8r
    ================================================== =========
    "And when you kill a man you're a murderer. Kill many and you're a conqueror. Kill them all and you're a God." - Megadeth

That may be the biggest lan I have ever seen. I may sign up. Ill see how June is supost to be for me. Ugh...would be a long drive though...
    From Map Quest:"Total Est. Time: 11 hours, 21 minutes Total Est. Distance: 736.22 miles"
    How did you come to trade the fiddle for the drum?

Water Cooled

Dreamhack in Sweden is the biggest lan on the world with around 6000 ppl with 1500, this lan can hide behind mama

Jesus...6000?! I would like to see where all the lan lines come into lol...

ATX Mental Case

I mean were do they get all the electricity to supply such a confined space? I mean they can't use normal electricity lines, they would not be able to support thaty many computers in one building. And how much space do you need to house 6000 people and computers?
    Last edited by jonopaul01; 04-08-2005 at 07:01 PM. Reason: punctuation and spelling
    There is no other choice.

Water Cooled

they organize it in a huge sports arena. http://www.dreamhack.org/dhs05/en.100.html

ATX Mental Case

I beleive MML is the biggest LAN in the US. It might be the biggest in The Americas (North and South), but in Europe there are actaully a few that are bigger. The one in Sweeden and I beleve there is one in the UK that gets about 2000+ people.

MML has room for 2000 ppl this year if needed, but based upon their growth they are expecting around 1500. Either way it is a real blast.

Oh, and you got it better then us NYers, 13hr drive. Or the folks I know coming from Boston, 18hrs. And I think if Mashie comes, he might hold the record for Person to Travel that Farthest to get to MML.
    "And when you kill a man you're a murderer. Kill many and you're a conqueror. Kill them all and you're a God." - Megadeth

The One and Only

Ok, I have booked my seat now, name is as you can guess mashie.
    www mashie org

ATX Mental Case

Cooooool. I am looking forward to haning out with you again mashie. This is going to be a blast!

I think I may be comming. Me and my friend may head that way and meet some of the people from my old clan that I play games with and talk to daily. Will be fun and I am looking forward to it. Thanks for the tip too. Just so happens its about the same driving distance for everyone I know.