Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Fallout New Vegas

If you can't hack it, you don't own it! Oneslowz28's Avatar

Default Re: Fallout New Vegas

Ok my first gripe is that I paid for the convenience of installing from a dvd, but I find out that there is only 2gb of the game on the disk. The rest I have to download from steam. What kind of $%&@($ is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Oneslowz28 View Post
    Ok my first gripe is that I paid for the convenience of installing from a dvd, but I find out that there is only 2gb of the game on the disk. The rest I have to download from steam. What kind of $%&@($ is that?
    What's the deal with that?

i've put in about 8 hours of play time into new vegas so far, just kinda playing around and exploring doing random quests, giant radscorpions ticked me off as they swarmed me outside of starting town.

i miss the days of fallout being turnbased.

mmm, just got mine.... wont get to play till thursday!
    Not dead yet

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

I've been using the Debug MegaPistol.

~
    player.additem 001465a6 1
    ~

It was cut from the original game and can only be found by adding it via the console. If dropped it cannot be picked back up either. It does thousands of points of damage too, but looks like a 9mm

Also, the game ends when you beat the main quest. I already did it too. There's obviously going to be an expansion just like when they released Anchorage for F3. Once I beat it, the credits rolled and it kicked me back to the main screen. So, I went back to a previous save and stopped the main quest to pursue other small ones.

I download lots of mods too from TES Nexus. Including the fixed Chinese Stealth armor.
    Last edited by TheGreatSatan; 11-02-2010 at 09:51 PM.
    WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatSatan View Post
    the game ends when you beat the main quest.
    Yeah, I was pretty shocked to discover that when I beat the main quest in Fallout 3. After the TES games I've played, I guess I just figured anything like that from BethSoft would be the same.

EDIT:
    Also, re the debug pistol, personally I prefer taking them out from 300 yards with my silenced sniper rifle (that I actually bought in game). I've wiped out the entire Legion main camp (and every one that I've run across) except for Caesar's tent, and they have no clue..I still have great rep with them.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Just saw this on CAD. Pretty hilarious...though I actually ended up killing everyone in there because I turned in a quest that I shouldn't have, given my earlier actions.

That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

hahaha thats funny. stealing **** in a bucket.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER

I'm currently playing Fallout New Vegas and it's bloody awesome
    at the begining I dropped all my points in INT for a 10 and putting all my points in science, speech, Guns and repair and a few points in lockpick. As for feats I always pick what seems cool at the time and my characters are ALWAYS flawed
    I seem to enjoy them more than the "Uber Best Build."
    Also after picking up the Rebar club I wish I made a melee character then I found the Bumper sword so needless to say that'll be my next toon.
    Anyone else wish there was a Co-op mode?

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

There's always mods.
    WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440