Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Fallout New Vegas

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

Default Fallout New Vegas

It's out baby! Go get it!
    WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Default Re: Fallout New Vegas

My router froze today while I was at work, so I couldn't make it download during the day. I won't be able to play it until tomorrow.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

I still need to play the original. Probably will wait til I have some hardware to do it justice (course i could just go with the 360) but I really REALLY wanna play this game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER

lol... i have to finish fallout 3 now...
    Not dead yet

Fresh Paint

got the game yesterday, I gotta say im a little bit disappointed I tought the game would be different from fallout 3. The game rocks, dont get me wrong but to me it seems more of a big extension than an actual game.

Still, I most certainly WILL waste 200 Hours on it

I haven't gotten to play it yet (stupid crappy internet connection ), but I was talking to a friend, and the 'hardcore' mode sounds awesome. Basically, it...makes it a lot harder. You have to eat and drink regularly or you get hungry/dehydrated, for serious injuries you have to go visit a doctor instead of just slapping a stimpack on, stimpacks affect you slower...ammo actually has weight. All in all it sounds like it makes the game much more interactive...I'm definitely gonna be going that route. Oh, and apparently you have an option at the beginning of the game to turn it on, but can turn it off later in the game if you get sick of it...but you can't choose to start with it turned off and turn it on later.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin

Fresh Paint

Quote Originally Posted by x88x View Post
    I haven't gotten to play it yet (stupid crappy internet connection ), but I was talking to a friend, and the 'hardcore' mode sounds awesome. Basically, it...makes it a lot harder. You have to eat and drink regularly or you get hungry/dehydrated, for serious injuries you have to go visit a doctor instead of just slapping a stimpack on, stimpacks affect you slower...ammo actually has weight. All in all it sounds like it makes the game much more interactive...I'm definitely gonna be going that route. Oh, and apparently you have an option at the beginning of the game to turn it on, but can turn it off later in the game if you get sick of it...but you can't choose to start with it turned off and turn it on later.
    I am playing on hardcore mode, and it IS awesome!

you get offered to play the hardcore mode just after character creation. Sure its harder but man its worth it. Makes the game much more realistic. Though dehydration and starving are not as big of a factor as I would have thought...

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

~

tgm

~
    WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

...my...wait...what??...game is awesome, but...my computer...noooooo!!!!..Can't run at max settings!! Can't even run at high?!?!?! Nooooo!!!

....on a completely unrelated note, does anyone have a GTX260 they want to sell?
    --Benjamin Franklin

Have you tried the d3d9.dll fix x88x? My GTX280 SC was getting creamed until I did. There's something wrong game/driver/windows side, not the GPU.

Before the fix I was going from 60's to low teens just by turning or moving. Using the new dll I get perfectly steady 65FPS at 1680x1050 on High settings. Dips to 55 in firefights. No dips anymore in Vats or looking at NPCs.

d3d9 fix

Using the dll from my existing windows installation like some have mentioned did nothing for me. This did.