Thread: first mod attempt

Default first mod attempt

iv'e been a quiet non trademark build it yourself kinda guy, one day i saw my friend with this cool pc ,we talked and talked, so i thought about buying a case then modifying it, so i orderd this case from atx, its cost me about 230$ then i went to a hardware store, it had evreything for modding then ... i bought the neccesary hardware for modding then i installed it in my pc .... the only problem is i forgot to buy coolers and fans ... because im used to the normel pc with only one fan ... i forgot buying the coolers and fans, guess what after 1 month of extensive use of my pc.... it had a fire then half my room kind of melted im sorry but i would show you a picture but my camera melted with the stuff so i learned my lesson ... im gonna put 998442523 fans in my future mod .
    im gonna post pictures for my new mod very soon
    sorry for my bad english cus im in the middle east ..

Default Re: first mod attempt

Take airflow into account when you're putting your fans in: think about where most of the heat's going to be going. For example, your CPU and GPU are going to make the most heat: so you don't want an airflow that pulls the heat from this over your HDD! You want it going the other way. Anyway, the fire sounds nasty-as a regular captain safety i'd reccommend having a fire alarm near to any modded computer. Ask yourself if you trust your abilities that much

-Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!

thank you for telling me that , i guess that im gonna put 5 or 6 fans to my mod,if thats not enough im gonna add another power supply to even put more fans ... hehe its nice to put 12 fans in one pc after this and the airflow, my whole room is gonna be freezing!! not to mension the pc !!!, thanx for your comment

Fan's dont take up a lot of energy, so you can probably run 5 or 6 with no trouble. Think about the size of your fans, a large fan can move a lot more air, and it can do it a lot quieter; as it moves more air, it doesn't need to turn as fast.

1 fan won't make a lot of noise, but trust me when i say that 3+ fans can make enough noise to make your room seem really spooky when your computer's not turned on. It's the kooky silence of it all.

Anyway, no worries, let us see what sort of computer you're building next chance you get

-Dave
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!

ok dave, what im trying to build,(hopefully without any flames invloving the room) , is a non themed just lights to impress my friends ,i bought a case from nzxt, and all i want in it ... is top of the line gaming hardware, so im still buying the new hardware its gonna be a pantium 4 based proccesor 3.6 and an nividia video card 7900 gtx ,and an msi p4n sli 4x usb, 4x DIMM slots DDR2 667 mhz dual channel 2x sli graphic pci-e slots 5.1 audio channel 10/100/1000 mbps lan 4x sata 2x ide motherboard,, and 512 memory...

Quote Originally Posted by Nasser-1356
    ..and 512 memory.
    I would consider putting at least a gig of ram if you are going to be using it for gaming. I saw a huge jump in game performance when I went from 512 to 1gb.

oh ,, yes i heard something about a duel channel memory 512x2=1024 ??

Life is like an analogy...

might want to consider more memory. i run on 512mb right now, and ill tell you from experience, you cant run fear or battlefield 2 and hope for smooth frame rates with 512. go for 1024 (1 gig). you'll be glad you did.

if you like audio, i would add in a creative sound card too. just a suggestion because i know a lot of people opt out of gettin a sound card. i REALLY like audio quality and accuracy so i would never go without sound card.

Quote Originally Posted by Slug Toy
    im pretty sure i was your car, but i was into mah music and didnt think too much of it

thanks alot .... cuz im going to play world of warcraft and counter strike .. yeah your right, i guess i can use the memory.., and the sound card will do