Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another stab at the hacker/maker/etc community by TI

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Default Another stab at the hacker/maker/etc community by TI

What they call the "Evalbot", it's a Stellaris ARM Cortex-M3 microcontroller on a board with:
    - MicroSD slot
    - USB host and device connectors
    - I2C audio with speakers
    - Ethernet connector
    - 96×6 OLED display
    - Motors
    - Optosensors
    - Bump detectors

Normally $150, you can get it now for $25 (including shipping) using this coupon code: 2JLP-R4XRT3

Fair warning, it looks like they (again) didn't expect the amount of traffic a deal like this would create, and as a result their site is slowed to a crawl. I'm currently slowly working my way through the order process, letting it load in the background while I work on other stuff.

http://hackaday.com/2010/10/04/125-o...al/#more-28923

EDIT:
    Link to the product page
    https://estore.ti.com/EKB-UCOS3-EVM-...III-P2165.aspx

EDIT2:
    When you get to the 'Shipping & Payment' page, make sure you check the price...from the comments on HaD, and my own experience, it might drop the coupon code for no reason at some point, so just go back to the cart and go through the checkout process again.

EDIT3:
    Nvm, it did that on the second time through for me too, and since when I had gone back to the cart it still had the coupon code applied I figured I'd go to the next screen to see if it worked itself out..which it did. ..it forgot about my credit card info for some reason, but whatever, I can deal with that.

EDIT4:
    Oh, and when you get to the customs screen, it probably won't let you select the 'application' field right away, but if you hit the 'apply' button it'll complain that you didn't select one and unlock the field a few seconds (or more, depending on load) later.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Default Re: Another stab at the hacker/maker/etc community by TI

...and, after an hour and a half of slogging through their overloaded, poorly designed webserver, I finally got to a page with everything filled in, and a 'pay now' button...and the *&%^$ button wouldn't work! So, thinking if I could maybe change something and go back to the page, it would work itself out, I clicked to change my shipping address. ...and it promptly took me to the 'My Cart' page, saying that "Your cart is empty." *twitches*

I swear, TI, I love that you're doing cool promos like this, but seriously.. upgrade your damn webserver!!!! I understand that 99%+ of your business is with businesses, and they (presumably) don't primarily use your website for ordering stuff, but come on! You say you're trying to build more of a presence in the DIY community...then let us buy your damn products!
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin

... ...aaand, I just checked my email, and I have an order confirmation email from TI for my order... I'm horribly confused right now...I'm gonna chalk this up to TI's overloaded, poorly designed website and stop thinking about it.
    --Benjamin Franklin

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

lol site wont even load for me

Quote Originally Posted by x88x View Post
    ... ...aaand, I just checked my email, and I have an order confirmation email from TI for my order... I'm horribly confused right now...I'm gonna chalk this up to TI's overloaded, poorly designed website and stop thinking about it.
    Yeah, their mail server is just as slow. Since everyone got frustrated and started furiously clicking the purchase button, you all just ordered 70 units a piece. The other 69 email confirmations should arrive shortly!

What are you going to use yours for?
    I'll procrastinate tomorrow.

After their website went down earlier today, I finally put my order in for one. Why do I suspect I'll be helping some of you with the robot? ;P
    Antec Sonata II | Pioneer DVR-212
    Good news! You can follow my website or follow me on twitter!

Update on the HAD page, thought I might highlight it.

As some posts already note, the coupon code is only available to ESC Boston attendees. That said, we’re psyched about all of your interest and understand there seems to have been some confusion, so TI plans to fulfill all of the finalized orders to date. We’re working on some logistics in getting the code up and running again for ESC Boston attendees, but proof of ESC registration will be required. Stay tuned.

We hear you about the e-store and are working as quickly as possible to avoid issues in the future. Thanks for your patience.

Bottom line – we’re glad to see the excitement around EVALBOT and look forward to checking out your projects! We encourage you to share them on our e2e Forums at http://e2e.ti.com/

-Jean Anne Booth, Texas Instruments

I wondered why they seemingly randomly had such a crazy deal. Oh well, at least I got one before they figured it out.
    --Benjamin Franklin

I quickly worked out the coupon was a leak, but I didn't care, $25 for that hardware was too good to refuse.

Hey, I was just wondering if anyone who got in an order for one of these has gotten theirs yet. I haven't gotten mine and am starting to wonder if I need to contact them...of course, it took longer than this for them to get me my Launchpad, so...
    --Benjamin Franklin