Thread: Review: OCZ Agility 2 50Gb SSD

If you can't hack it, you don't own it! Oneslowz28's Avatar

Default Review: OCZ Agility 2 50Gb SSD

A new story entry has been added:

[drupal=552]Review: OCZ Agility 2 50Gb SSD[/drupal]

By: Charles Gantt

While OCZ is mostly known for their high performance ram modules, they are fast becoming a force to reckon with in the SSD game. The first generation Agility and Vertex series were such a huge hit that OCZ decided to give us an encore. So sit back, buckle up, and enjoy the ride!
    Last edited by Oneslowz28; 09-28-2010 at 04:30 AM.

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Default Re: Review: OCZ Agility 2 50Gb SSD

Good review. I was very impressed when OCZ launched the Vertex 2 and Agility 2 line because they gave almost a 50% performance boost over the Vertex and Agility lines for about the same price! ...that being said, I'm not gonna be upgrading anytime soon since I really can't justify the cost of replacing my Vertex drives. For someone buying now though, I think the Vertex and Agility lines provide the best cost/performance balance right now, and are pretty high up there in straight performance too. FWIW, personally I would recommend the Vertex 2 drives over the Agility 2. You get the same read/write speeds, but significantly higher random read/write (for the 50+GB models, 50,000 IOPS for the Vertex 2 vs 10,000 IOPS for the Agility 2), and they're about the same price.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

nice review! once SSDs drop to near HDD as far as price per GB then I'll upgrade. Until then my WD caviar black is working just fine

Quote Originally Posted by x88x View Post
    Good review. I was very impressed when OCZ launched the Vertex 2 and Agility 2 line because they gave almost a 50% performance boost over the Vertex and Agility lines for about the same price! ...that being said, I'm not gonna be upgrading anytime soon since I really can't justify the cost of replacing my Vertex drives. For someone buying now though, I think the Vertex and Agility lines provide the best cost/performance balance right now, and are pretty high up there in straight performance too. FWIW, personally I would recommend the Vertex 2 drives over the Agility 2. You get the same read/write speeds, but significantly higher random read/write (for the 50+GB models, 50,000 IOPS for the Vertex 2 vs 10,000 IOPS for the Agility 2), and they're about the same price.
    Generally speaking I thought Intel was still on top for SSDs (still taking into account cost/benefit). This goes for both gaming as well as general read/write speeds as well as application launching.

OMG read the site's TOS regarding links in signatures.