Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Thread: My boss is an Idiot rant...

Default Re: My boss is an Idiot rant...

I actually came to the same conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by crenn View Post
    Halfway sane? I thought I was special and completely insane

As for him writing a bad review for you, I think he knows that he's not suited for the role and finds you a major threat, activally trying to get rid of you. I think he was trying to fail the ISO cert and then try to pin the blame on you. But that's only a theory and opinion.
    Halfway sane was a big compliment...

He has been trying to get rid of me since this company hired me. What he does not know is that everyone here tells me everything he says or does. No one likes him here. When I got hired here, I was sitting outside the conference room listening to the upper management and him argue about me. He voiced his concern that I was "too smart" for the job. Everyone laughed at him and the (then) GM (who is a lifer Marine), says: "He's ex-Navy with an impressive back ground. HIRE HIM!"

He tries to manage by intimidation and threat. I don't respond well to that and one day we had a shouting match that I would not back down from. Many people saw it and I was later told that no one had ever stood up to him. That was the game changer right there. Now he does everything he can to show my weaknesses and faults. It really just pisses everyone off. Not at me, but at him.

As far as failing the ISO cert, he was told that if our department failed, he was gone. I honestly believe he was trying to do the right thing, but does not have the skills (people or technical) to pull it off. Plus he has a problem with women and our inspector was a head strong woman. She owned him in the first 5 minutes of the 2 day audit and it got under his skin. We all loved it!
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...

I had a similar situation happen to me 2 weeks ago. The difference being my foreman tried to con us into doing asbestos abatement. When i said i wasn't comfortable with doing it he told me "thats what were doing, don't like it? go home" Needless to say, i called the head safety rep for the company and set up a meeting with my Foreman's boss. He wanted to write him up but the rep talked him out of it and he instead got a stern talking to from about 4 or 5 of the owners and office staff. He continually has snide remarks about it to wards me. Little comments and innuendo.

Its kind of nice to be in a company like this. I've been with then 7 months and my foreman is going on 7 years with them. I say i don't like doing this or i cant do that and they seem to give me more... respect i guess
    You Dont Spread Democracy Through The Barrel Of A Gun.