Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: First Liquid Cool Project

Default Re: First Liquid Cool Project

Well I can deal or figure out something i have tons of green leds. But anyway sound issue is still there I am going to try and track down some new speakers in 2.1, does anyone have a spare sound card just in case, i have a pci-e 1x and a pci open so whatever anyone may have.
    Regedit'ed, Rooted, and Jailbroke anymore questions?
    Here’s a bumper sticker I’d like to see: “We are the proud parents of a child who’s self-esteem is sufficient that he doesn’t need us promoting his minor scholastic achievements on the back of our car.”

Just an update for anyone that may be watching this build, I have essentially hit a brick wall.. my sound issue is coming and going of its own free will, still in search of a case, my video card waterblock is currently being held in Australia while I get the monies together, and of course I have hit a brick wall on overclocking without even gaining enough to see a difference.

UPDATE EDIT

hit 3044.8 mhz stable and holding at 26 degrees celsius or 80 degrees farenheit.. ac is running so phase change is helping a lot.
    Here’s a bumper sticker I’d like to see: “We are the proud parents of a child who’s self-esteem is sufficient that he doesn’t need us promoting his minor scholastic achievements on the back of our car.”

Another clock update, got to 3.4 before it started blue screening. It gives me hope that maybe a high clock speed isn't out of the question. Just want to throw out some quick thanks again to buzz, oneslowz28, kayin, theboy4rmoz, and anyone who has contributed in this thread for helping me out.

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

nice! It may be your RAM limiting you. mine is only letting me get my Q6600 to 3.6, it either won't post or I get a bsod after that

Quote Originally Posted by SXRguyinMA View Post
    nice! It may be your RAM limiting you. mine is only letting me get my Q6600 to 3.6, it either won't post or I get a bsod after that
    thats about where I got to without out volting the ram but it wouldnt post at 3.6.. I am going to look at the ram specs later to see what i can comfortable volt to. I got lucky the ram I got from buzz is the same latency as the g skill I already had so heres hoping they match in voltages as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    thats about where I got to without out volting the ram but it wouldnt post at 3.6.. I am going to look at the ram specs later to see what i can comfortable volt to. I got lucky the ram I got from buzz is the same latency as the g skill I already had so heres hoping they match in voltages as well.
    RAM is very sensitive to voltage. Check to see if your board allows you to change the DRAM ratio (or equivalent) before you increase the voltage there. Every board I've ever owned has allowed it, but I've always bought boards for OCing. If yours has the option you can turn the ratio up so the RAM runs a bit slower for more OCing headroom.
    I'll procrastinate tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by mDust View Post
    RAM is very sensitive to voltage. Check to see if your board allows you to change the DRAM ratio (or equivalent) before you increase the voltage there. Every board I've ever owned has allowed it, but I've always bought boards for OCing. If yours has the option you can turn the ratio up so the RAM runs a bit slower for more OCing headroom.
    yeah i have that friendly overclocking asus crashfree bios MAJOR it has saved me arse a few times.

WELLLLLLLL fantastic I have what my best guess would be iron precipitate in other words it looks like i have rust suspended in my liquid... i have sourced distilled water but I am wondering what my additive of choice should be.

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

What did you fill it with initially? You always want to use either distilled water or some specially designed liquid. For distilled water, you can go as simple (and cheap) as getting a jug of distilled water at the grocery store. The special distilled water that some places online sell isn't any different, just got a badge on it. For an additive, you can get anti-fungal/anti-corrosive additives, and that's really all that's necessary. If you want a colored liquid I would recommend going with a pre-made colored liquid, not the additives. The additives tend to have a higher risk of separation.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Quote Originally Posted by x88x View Post
    What did you fill it with initially? You always want to use either distilled water or some specially designed liquid. For distilled water, you can go as simple (and cheap) as getting a jug of distilled water at the grocery store. The special distilled water that some places online sell isn't any different, just got a badge on it. For an additive, you can get anti-fungal/anti-corrosive additives, and that's really all that's necessary. If you want a colored liquid I would recommend going with a pre-made colored liquid, not the additives. The additives tend to have a higher risk of separation.
    larkooler coolant, essentially antifreeze without such a high glycol content.