Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: need help with raditor.

Default Re: need help with raditor.

i usta have two geforce xfx 8600's on it but they fried when a leak poped out of nowhere. ya right now i have a big fan blowing air into the case haha. it should tart cooling down around here in the next couple of days.

I don't think its been covered (i've been following this discussion every few days).

That pic shows one major potential problem. Are the hdd coolers 1/4 tubing? the 1/4 reducer and hdd blocks could be significantly hindering your flow.

There are many people that believe you need massive flow rates to cool properly, I personally do not prescribe to that idea. However, that much restriction can really hurt cooling.

My suggestion (as has been stated) remove the hdd blocks, remove the 1/4 tubing everywhere it is and try to keep as serial and short a loop as possible. Cable management and smoother airflow could also help.

Good luck, hope you work it out.

Edit: BTW, I had a 8800ultra (HOT card), and an overclocked e6550 on a single loop with a 120 black ice pro. It stayed good temperatures 90% of the time. Really warm weather I had to take the side panel off and force cool it with a fan.

thanks for al the help everyone. i really appreciate it. the weird thing is the temperatures in core temp stay at 44- 45 contsantly but speed fan is always jumpng around going from 48 to 67 or other high temps for a second and then back. idk if maybe speed fan i wrong.

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

yea IIRC core temp is a little more accurate

EDIT: wrong thread! haha oops.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER

^
    wat heck is this guy talkin about haha. ok im staying at good temps now. but u guys got me think.if the hd rack really worked as a heat sink.....wat if i added a heat spreader in between the two hd's?

Quote Originally Posted by pepe123 View Post
    ^
    wat heck is this guy talkin about haha. ok im staying at good temps now. but u guys got me think.if the hd rack really worked as a heat sink.....wat if i added a heat spreader in between the two hd's?
    Who knows? That guy's crazy.
    And HDDs don't need to be cooled. Ever. They don't overheat. Nobody has ever had a HDD fail due to overheating because it doesn't happen. Instead of buying a HDD cooler, spend that money on some other upgrade.
    I'll procrastinate tomorrow.

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mDust View Post
    Nobody has ever had a HDD fail due to overheating because it doesn't happen.
    Not entirely true, I have actually had this happen...of course, it was the middle HDD in a pile of 5, all sitting directly on top of each other, running 24/7, with no airflow. The drive bodies were scalding to the touch. Though, I suppose, to be fair I can't say with 100% certainty that it was the heat that did it in, but I would be willing to bet that it was a major contributing factor. However, all the being said, as long as you're not stupid you'll never have to worry about HDDs getting too hot.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

haha well i never really thought the hd would get hot i just bought the cooler for looks but that was like a year ago. so i have them now i payed around 80 for both i think so no point in taking them out. they are koolance models. they have like a pouch kinda thing that fills with koolent to cool down the hds. butone of my hd's went badso i was thinkin wat if i put a cooper plate on that hd cooler so heat would tranfer to the copper plate and cool it dowm with a fan. in theory that would work to dissipate same heat.....right?haha

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Yeah, it'd dissipate some..not much, but some.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV