Thread: Qcon 2k5

Anodized

Default Qcon 2k5

Qcon 2k5's tournies have just been announced. Looks like it's going to be...

Doom3 1v1 - This is a real yawner imo. The MP portion of D3 is horrible and nothing but a campfest. I would much rather watch q3 1v1.

ET 6v6 - Not RtCW, but ET. I think the game is subpar to RtCW in every way, but it will be fun to watch the spam fly.

Q3 1v1 Women - A gimmicky event in the past that is now an official tourney, should be interesting to see the quality level of play when money is on the line.

Q2 1v1 - For their 10th qcon, they bring q2 back from the past! I REALLY want to see this. I'm curious if it will bring out the big names.

Qcon registration opens up on the 15th of this month! The event is held in early August at the Gaylord Hotel right outside of Dallas.

Whats ET?

The SlackMeister

damn, there isnt a single big LAN in NYC, EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by MrSlacker
    damn, there isnt a single big LAN in NYC, EVER!
    I think the #1 reason there arent any major LANs in NYC is simply because the cost of venue is too great. For a decent sized lan you would need a section of lets say Nassau Colloseum, or an expo part of a hotel set up to accomodate such an event.

The closest thing to a LAN I've seen in this area was when the guys from 2600 hosted the Hackers Halfway house here in brooklyn. It was no MML or Qcon but it was always packed. Too bad it closed down permanantly about a year or so ago.

I do however have something up my sleeve in the near future hopefully, so stay tuned.

The SlackMeister

i sure will, if you need help, let me know. i have friends who would love to LAN. plus i got some ideas. AIM me if you want to talk about it.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeD
    I think the #1 reason there arent any major LANs in NYC is simply because the cost of venue is too great......

I do however have something up my sleeve in the near future hopefully, so stay tuned.
    Doesnt have to be in the city .. Anywhere in the north east would be nice! I am in Rochester NY .. which means I am not that close to you guys, but anything under a 6hr drive is still a day trip

The SlackMeister

for you guys with cars its easy. if a LAN somewhere within NYC, my dad can drive me no problem, but if its outside the city i have ask. but i know he is not gonna drive more then an hour just so i can play games. if TBCS will host a LAN party, that would be DA BOMB! just imagine, modders from all over East Coast gather together for the biggest East Coast LAN event.................... ZeD?

I've had ideas on and off, Im currently working out the specifics, Im shooting for mid to late summer. JesDer you should be under the 6 hour mark. Takes me less than 6hours to hit Buffalo and your an hour closer. I gotta set up some type of poll that even non members can enter to get an idea of attendence possibilities.

The SlackMeister

if its not gonna be far from me, i'll come and i have about 3-5 friends who i think might be interested.

The SlackMeister

Default Re: Qcon 2k5

hey ZeD, got any updates on the LAN?