Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Win7 ISO software

Default Win7 ISO software

I tend to run Win7 Ultimate (32-bit) when dealing with ISO stuff.
    I prefer to be a cheap bastard and use freeware whenever possible, at least to evaluate or try out for comparison. But I will pay for software if it's really worth it, you usually get what you pay for (though I refuse to buy into cloudsoft subscriptions, ever).

For CD/DVD burning, I use the integrated Windows Disc Image Burner or Nero Essentials 7 (yeah, I know, not as good as Nero Burning ROM, but it's what I got and it works well enough for my needs).

I use WinRAR to view/extract ISO files, again works perfectly for me, if perhaps a little slow on ridiculously huge ISO files.

What I serious lack is any way to create UDF/ISOs. Preferably a stupidly easy way, like an Explorer-integrated "Make ISO from selected files/folders" right-click context or something.

Thus far, I have found the following software:
    I've also found these:I'm *absolutely not* interested in DAEMON Tools nor any other product which attempts to install adware, malware, or other **** payloads. Again, I don't mind paying for a quality product (I'd prefer not to buy software which simply duplicates what I can already do), but I will not tolerate software extortion, inability to clean uninstall, or troublesome tradeoffs which somehow reduce my existing capabilities.

What I haven't found are any reliable reviews, especially running Win7 (not quite the same beast as Vista, thankfully). Can anyone offer comments or recommendations about any of these or similar software?
    My mind says Technic, but my body says Duplo.

Default Re: Win7 ISO software

why don't you just use magic iso its like the best there is .
    Quote Originally Posted by AmEv View Post
    Or are you talking about vending machine choice C-4?

mmmmm... skittles....
    bench mark software.

video bios flashing guide

I might, but I'd just like to get feedback on potentially free alternatives.

for disc burning i always use imgburn made by the same guy that made dvddecrypter.

for file archives i typically use 7zip

I'd second ImgBurn. It's free and probably the best program out there for your needs. It can burn iso's/files as well as create image files from files/folders, yes, even bootable ones.
    Projects: RGB Tower - Custom CPU water block

Watching someone else use your computer is like watching a drunk orangutan solve a rubix cube. They have no idea what they're doing and you just wish they'd hand you the damn thing so you can do it yourself.
    -TheOatmeal

Daemon tools works well too.
    Not dead yet

Hmmm, I'm pretty happy with ImgBurn ... only saw one minor bug, but found the fix on their forum.

Daemon tools installs spyware which cannot be disabled, not for me thanx.

For general disk burning, I use InfraRecorder. It's GNU GPL v3 software, free and opensource, plus it works pretty well.
    Quote Originally Posted by xRyokenx View Post
    ...I'm getting tired of not being able to figure this crap out because it's apparently made for computer-illiterate people by computer-illiterate people. lol

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Konrad View Post
    Daemon tools installs spyware which cannot be disabled, not for me thanx.
    Where did you hear this? If you're referring to the WhenU crap, there's a checkbox to say whether you want it or not during install, and iirc after the first wave of complaints they even made it so that box is unchecked by default. It's no worse than all those companies that bundle optional toolbars with their stuff, and better actually, because the default option is to not install the extra stuff.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Quote Originally Posted by x88x View Post
    Where did you hear this? If you're referring to the WhenU crap, there's a checkbox to say whether you want it or not during install, and iirc after the first wave of complaints they even made it so that box is unchecked by default. It's no worse than all those companies that bundle optional toolbars with their stuff, and better actually, because the default option is to not install the extra stuff.
    actually i can second that daemon tolls is messed up. my friend just recently installed it and made sure the box was uchecked and his computer start slowing down drastically and i has malware/ spyware on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmEv View Post
    Or are you talking about vending machine choice C-4?

mmmmm... skittles....
    bench mark software.

video bios flashing guide