Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: amount of newbies (no offence)

The SlackMeister

Default amount of newbies (no offence)

you know, it amazes me how many newbies are out there. on every forum i visit, there are new people every day. i see more and more people who just start learning about computers every single day. i am saying this will all respect to new comers and i am very happy that more people want to learn.

now the other part, i thought google is very well known, why dont people use it?!?! i mean yeah, questions are good, but the ones like "what is (insert component here)?" is getting on my nerves little by little. if you dont know what is CPU, why not google it, see what you get and then if you are not sure ask. there are millions of websites that have info on every part of computer.

sorry i am just curios why people are so lazy these days. (yes, i know my name is Slacker)

PS: *putts on flame suit*

Default Re: amount of newbies (no offence)

Well Mrs Lacker--I realize the level of newbish questions is always on the rise, and google is our friend--however asking questions on forums is a good way to interact with and meet new people who share your interests..its not always about pure data and answers :p

The SlackMeister

i will e-smack you for Mrs. :p
    i know forums is great place to meet people but some people just ask very very easy questions. i know i ahve some dumb questions sometimes but i try to research before i post.

Depending on the newbishness of the question I will ask in a new forum instead of googling just to get to knwo people, also if people wouldnt ask newb questions they wouldnt be there for others to google.

Gonna nudge in with the big kids here and pretend like I'm part of the group.

At least from the "n00b" perspective, being a relative "n00b" at this site myself, I try not to ask easily googled questions, but there really is no tellin what you'll find on google. You come here, you ask the pros a couple of questions, and you get the resources that the pros use vs the resources that may/may not be all that great when you just google the problem. The value of conversing is immeasurable. It plays a huge part in making connections (and of course making a couple buddies doesn't hurt either).

Granted there's gonna be the completely "n00b"ish questions, but that's what God made Stickies for .
    Every member of humanity is a nerd in some respect. We all just need to dispense with the bull**** and own our inner nerd.

Water Cooled

i agree with MrSlacker. people are just too lazy to google it up. and its getting on my nerves too. its true that they interact more, but if thats what they want, why not post in the movies section, or in the modding galleries or something instead of asking what is what. i am more than happy to help anyone, but when it comes down to his/her laziness my approach is totally different on the subject too. its one of those " if you dont care that much to research it, why should I?" cases. and there are still people posting questions about something having been discussed here before. there are other ways to "interact" than pissing me off

Fresh Paint

i ask some noobish questons but thats because i dont know everyting but i am willing to learn and i find that a forum is a better sourse than John Doe's PC building guide i would rather get accurate info from many sources than wrong info from a website (i dont like google except for gmail) and until reciently i thaught that google was just like yahoo search if you search something it would only give you sites with that in the site instead of giving definitons and conversions and other info so i am starting to like google but mostly if you are talking about something and i dont know what it is i ask you because you are the one who was talking about using it in the first place so i assume that u know what it is.

Administrator

Whats a computer? How do you cut out a side window? Is Dremel some kind of glue? If I cut myself do I need a Band-Aid? Why do people complain about new people? Why do they complain when they have a question? Weren't they a noob at one time? Don't these guys have the choice to not read said threads? Can I make a post about how these kinds of posts are getting on my nerves? Can I have a cookie? Isn't this forum for all to interact? Next time someone asks a question I think is dumb...can I ban them? Don't you think all noobs should be banned? Doesn't it suck when people actually talk in here? Where are your mods that make you the almighty case mod know it all? When did you get so full of yourself that questions from new people started to get on your nerves? May I refer to you as GOD? or do you prefer Sir? Don't you hate forum nazi's? Don't you think pie tastes great? Do you like Hello Kitty? How can I hide the wiring in my case? Do you think I could make a good mod out of a coffee can? When I turn on my computer sound comes out of the speakers...is this normal? Also at the same time....my monitor displays Windows....is my computer broken? Did I mention that posts like this get on my nerves?
    Last edited by Dante; 04-20-2005 at 11:27 AM.

Case Wizard

I will answer from my point of view ... as being a N00b here ...

Seeing questions ask over and over again like what Should I buy.. Yes do get on my last frazeled nerv(Twitch* Smack). I also pick and choose over which ones I am going to read. (If I choose to read it .. then I can not be effected that way and should answer with my best intent).

now flooding a forum with questions and not really thinking about adding one or more in the same post. That will fry a lot of peoples nerv's right away and put people on the do not read post from list.

to answer one of dante questions : Hello Kitty ... forced to endure it .. Having kids will do this to you.

also note ... having an owner that is known for the sweet mods will draw flys that will ask some basic/n00bish questions.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Malatory
    to answer one of dante questions : Hello Kitty ... forced to endure it .. Having kids will do this to you.
    Preach to me brother. Hello Kitty, Barbies, Bratz............It never ends, does it? I think my kids own every freaking toy there is.lol