Thread: creative inspire 5.1 5300 help

Default creative inspire 5.1 5300 help

Hi I have the above speakers a few years now and what I want to know is how could I go about connecting them to work with my Xbox 360? and also is there a wireless remote I could buy for them? I doubt the second question but it would really be handy thanks for any replies!

here is a review that has the specifications listed in it..

http://www.techspot.com/reviews/hard...inspire2.shtml

Default Re: creative inspire 5.1 5300 help

I think the 360 only outputs stereo audio so you probably won't get any use from all the satellites but you should be able to get stereo sound from them with a simple "stereo to 3,5mm audio cable". I might be wrong depending on which version of the 360 and such though.

As for the wireless remote that'd would probably be very hard unless creative makes one specifically for these speakers which I doubt they do.
    Projects: RGB Tower - Custom CPU water block

Watching someone else use your computer is like watching a drunk orangutan solve a rubix cube. They have no idea what they're doing and you just wish they'd hand you the damn thing so you can do it yourself.
    -TheOatmeal

Quote Originally Posted by Diamon View Post
    I think the 360 only outputs stereo audio so you probably won't get any use from all the satellites but you should be able to get stereo sound from them with a simple "stereo to 3,5mm audio cable". I might be wrong depending on which version of the 360 and such though.

As for the wireless remote that'd would probably be very hard unless creative makes one specifically for these speakers which I doubt they do.

I guess I'll just use them through the stereo connection then, as its still miles better than my TV's speakers !

Ah i figured that was a long shot but i thought i would ask anyway. Thanks for you time man very appreciated

The floppy drive is no longer obsolete. AmEv's Avatar

Actually, the 360 has an S/PDIF output.

Not sure how that hookup is, but look at the component output on the original AV adapters.
    Two years. They were great. Let's make the next ones even better!

Tri.fecta