Thread: Not sure what I should do any help?

Overclocked

Default Not sure what I should do any help?

I put my new computer parts such as my Motherboard, cpu, video card, etc... in my older case but the motherboard barely fits in. Its right up against the metal brackets where you put your cd drive. I have to put the cd-dive on the second bracket space because the motherboard is almost touching every other part of the bracket except the top and the top is where I have one of my fans.

Now that I switched from my intel to a amd athlon 3500+ I really dont need the side door fan which I made the holes my self. It looks pretty crappy since I was in a hurry to drill the holes. Its a pretty nice case besides the crappy holes I drilled on the side of the door and on the top.

I can only spend around $70 so should I buy a new case or should I just mod the one I have? If I should mod the case I have now what all should I do?

Default Re: Not sure what I should do any help?

Well, that's a pretty vague question. It all comes down to what you want, a new case, or the case you have with a twist. If budget is a problem, you may find it more reasonable to just use the one you have. You could cut a window where you drilled holes are now, add some paint and whatever floats your boat, and voila! Why don't you browse the case galleries and worklogs and get some ideas, if the only problem is those holes then you should have no problem finding a way to remedy that. The rest is up to you...Have fun.

Overclocked

Well see I wouldnt have a problem there but its judt the fact that I can only put my 2 hard drives and my cd-drive in a certain place because of my motherboard thats the only reason I was thinking I needed another case.

Overclocked

Also since my cd-rom drive is beige is it hard to change the front of it up a bit?

That's the beauty of case modding to me, solving these little problems. If you want to use your case, you just need to make some adjustments. Maybe adding more space like building an addition to your home, you can find a way to do it. Cd-rom bevels can be painted too. Just be sure that if you do squeeze it all in, you find a way to get enough air moving through to keep it cool.

Overclocked

Alright thanks man.

Sure thing, as you work on your project and run into snags feel free to post pictures and questions. You will find some very bright ideas from some extremely creative and knoweldgable people on these forums. Good luck!

Life is like an analogy...

i may be able to suggest a route to take. see if you can find some scrap or new sheet metal. if your case is made of steel, then make sure you get steel so it matches, and if your case is aluminum, then get some aluminum.

you could cut your case at the point where the back of the cd drive sits so the front of the case is separated, and then add a spacing strip of sheet metal about an inch or two wide, and rivet it back together. so your case would be an inch or two longer. then you could just put some epoxy or other substance on to mask over the rivets.

further to that, i would suggest complementing this patch job with an irregular mod, perhaps a water theme so you could have rippled body work. go with the window idea to fix the ugly holes, or you could put mesh, but if you went with a water mod you'd probably want a window of transparent blue acrylic.

anyways, thats another approach to this. go with what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Slug Toy
    im pretty sure i was your car, but i was into mah music and didnt think too much of it