Thread: any ideas ?

Fresh Paint

Default any ideas ?

I know its a long shot but had no help from the software people and wondered if anybody could shed some light on this problem ?

I have made a video jukebox out of an old pc with this software : Basically a video jukebox that uses directshow as the player running in the background.....its sold under the names "Touchtone or ultimate jukebox" It all seemed fine but after playing a music video it should revert back to the selection screen so you can pick another music video.
    But when it reverts back to the selection screen the whole screen flashes the only way to stop it flashing is to press stop on the jukebox.
    I have auto advance set on the jukebox which plays the selections back to back and works fine its just when the last selection finishes and it reverts back to the selection screen the flashing screen happens.

i found out if you disable auto advance it works fine, it seems that the jukebox program thinks there is another video that has been selected and trys to play it hence the flashing screen?

Where could the problem lie ? Jukebox program ? drivers, the directshow player, the videos ?
    I installed the same set up on another pc and it worked fine ? Any clues thanksthanks

Default Re: any ideas ?

have you updated the video card drivers? ive seen some screwy things with bad gpu drivers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER

Default Re: any ideas ?

I would try, in this order (until problem solved)
    - playing different videos, or same videos in different order
    - update player software
    - uninstall/reinstall the player software
    - update/reinstall DirectX
    - update Windows
    - cleanup Windows (uninstall unused apps, clean disk, defrag, scan for viruses/malware) - only really necessary if your juke machine is connected to network/internet, used for other things outside juke media roles, already struggling to perform with underspec hardware, etc
    - install a different player
    - complete Windows, DirectX, player clean reinstall (last resort but guaranteed to work unless hardware is defective)