Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Simple StarCraft 2 mod? Other ideas?

Default Re: Simple StarCraft 2 mod? Other ideas?

Thanks for the ideas!

I still like the bunker idea, but when you say paint the nuke symbol on the back of the case, do you mean the right side or the actual back? Any thoughts for what would compliment those 2 ideas but also add to the left side?

Maybe the marine high-res decal?

I meant the right side.

I took a look at the case you linked to get some ideas for the left side and I figured that, continuing on the the ghost theme, that area of smooth glossy metal or whatever is a good shape for a picture of an aiming ghost, maybe Nova? (standing and aiming towards the back of the case with the rifle along the horizontal area of glossy metal).
    Projects: RGB Tower - Custom CPU water block

Watching someone else use your computer is like watching a drunk orangutan solve a rubix cube. They have no idea what they're doing and you just wish they'd hand you the damn thing so you can do it yourself.
    -TheOatmeal

Oooh, I like that idea. I'm going to get to work and photoshop a couple mock-ups, I'll post them when I have something semi-respectable.

Nova might raise the temp of my system a bit too much though! haha. I think a Nova case would get a lot of attention from the SC community if I do it right.

That is a good idea. SC ghosts are awesome and universally popular (or at least feared and respected). I also like the bunker mod idea ... mind you, I also like the idea of a marine or seige-tank or battlecruiser or carrier mod. Maybe make some kind of command centre or nexus or hive mod ... even the drones and SCVs are kinda cool.

I kind of agree with above ... pick something you like from the game and make a theme around it. Terran and Protoss are very different things, and Zerg is just plain bizarre - I can't really think of any theme built around elements from more than one race unless it somehow depicts them all trying to kill each other.

The hero characters have always had important roles, and that's apparently emphasized in SC2. Raynor actually looks like a badass now, Zeratul rocks, and Kerrigan is a sexy little nightmare - a theme featuring any one (or more) of them would rock!

Zerg were the most popular in SC, hard to say if it'll stay that way in SC2 since Blizzard likes to tinker around with their opinions about "game balance", maybe the Zerg will just suck in SC2, who knows?

Take a look at SC2 accessories. What immediately comes to my mind is the Razer Marauder keyboard (with "APM-Lighting System", take a look here or here) ... it might be something you can work into your theme or perhaps inspire you in a slightly different direction. Maybe a pair of headphones that look something like the ones the Terran comm people wear? Pulsating lights on a translucent reservoir with that special Protoss glow? SC themed panels or buttons depicting the various little icons for things? I'm even thinking that - with a little bit of cosmetic change - the Cyborg R.A.T. 7 or (aptly named) Gigabyte Ghost Xtreme mouse products I've been looking at would work nicely into a Terran or Protoss SC theme.

When can we hear your mod shout out "UPGRADE, COMPLETE"?