Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo 64 HD

Overclocked

Default Re: Nintendo 64 HD

I know what u mean luke, i just want to go through with it because if i leave it i feel like ive done a half assed job along the lines of "you cant see it why do it". Good idea n i see where ur comin from but i still wanna go through with it has to look pretty everywhere cheers

Anodized

Cool mod. Can't wait to see how this turns out.

D.

Overclocked

Hey just an update here, just finished cutting the top half of the case and sanded it with my nice 600 and 1200 grit sandpaper so smooooooooooooooth along with some buffing. I couldn't get rid of most of the deeper cuts which you can see in some of the pictures.

Another problem ive run into after doing some more measurements is that a normal 2.5" hdd wont fit inside this case alone with the components which is a problem :O luckily i have found this lil life saver:

http://sdd.toshiba.com/main.aspx?Pat...Kxx33GSGSeries

A 1.8" toshiba hard drive, you can get them up to about 320gig, there a bit more expensive but after some measurements this will fit perfectly.

My sandpaper!

Trying out the sandpaper

Cut the back out from the top half of the case.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!! i thought this was the end of everything!

Top finnaly cut and sanded looks shiny, and all done with half a bit!

Check back later in the week for some more updates thanks

dcattena

Overclocked

Would anyone know where i can get dimensions of the chipset cooler on the zotac motherboard? ive looked everywhere!!

I ... fight ... for ... the USERS! f8l_0e's Avatar

If you do go with the 1.8" drive, I suggest that you copy the ROM images to a RAM drive before running them and force the HDD to sleep. 1.8" drives are really only designed for mp3 players like the iPod and aren't typically supposed to be spinning/accessing all the time.

--EDIT--

Never mind, I should have read the specs on the link you provided first. This must be a new breed of 1.8" drives.

Overclocked

Yeah i know thats what i thought too that these were just replacements for ipods but these new toshiba ones just came out 5400rpm sata connections pretty neat i cant think of anything else small as this tho for data storage /os because of the amount of space. If i can get the size of that chipset cooler on the motherboard it would be a great help!

I realy can't wait to see the finished product. It was a sad day when my old N64 finally gave out. I don't suppose you have the guts to your case do you? lol

Overclocked

@ryguy No i dont sorry i really need the guts to one tho, not working of course because i need the connector plugs for the controllers, if anyone can offer some Ive seen some motherboards for sale on some websites for about 20 bucks which is alrite.

Ryguy could u maybe send me your motherboard or at least the grey connector plugs? would be a awesome help cheers

i'll have to take another look at it. It broke at my grandmother's house, so I didn't have my tools to take a look at it. If I decide it's unfixable I'll send some parts your way.

Overclocked

oh awesome thanks mate