Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wow, What a Summer

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

Default Wow, What a Summer

So you all know I lost my job, but then got another 12 days later at Radio Shack. It hasn't been smooth either. The job has waaay too many annoying aspects. First, they force feed people cell phones. If someone comes in for a battery or whatever, you are supposed to get them talking about cell phones and then have them sign up for a new contract. I'm not big on cell phones either so selling their features is not easy. The most annoying part is to pressure anyone on anything. I just can't do it. I HATE lying to people, because I hate being lied to.

Second. When I worked at Office Depot we'd put the new tags out on Sat night just like everywhere else. Each of the tags was labled with an item #, UPC and the location # which was marked on the shelves. Radio Shack's tags had none of that. It took us HOURS to put out an ad for a store that was maybe a 16th of the size of Depot, because you just had to know where that item was!

I've been doing this anyway knowing that as part of my acceptance at Radio Shack they knew I already had a vacation planned for the beginning of Aug. I was planning on looking for a new job when I got back, because I just can't take it any longer.

My job was going to be the Assistant Manager because their Assistant Manager was going to manager training. So after almost 4 weeks of employment they told me that his Manager training fell through and they don't need two Assistants. They also have more than enough of the other spots too so they are releasing me from my job.

I leave for vacation on Thursday. When I get back I'm gonna be job hunting again. . .
    WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

Custom Title Honors BuzzKillington's Avatar

Default Re: Wow, What a Summer

That's how Toys R Us is... Overnights are supposed to know where every item is and after about a year, I did...somehow.

That's ridiculous that it fell through. How does that even happen?
    PS3: CaptBuzzCooler

100% Recycled Pixels. Twigsoffury's Avatar

Should be a correctional officer (work at your local jail)

pay is probably triple what your making at radio shack

Government job = no lay offs

Full benefits, retirement stock optioning,medical health and dental

guaranteed pay raises (talking 20$ raises per year on top of regular raises)

and you get to fight somebody every once and awhile.

My moms has been a CO for about 5 years now, shes pulling in 2,800$ a month after taxes,retirement health and all that jazz, probably close to 4,000 before taxes.

pretty good considering before that she was making 9.25$ an hour working for a hotel.

I'm in no hurry to get shanked.
    WH1T3 0U7
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

good lord... where do you live? lol... but the CO thing is generally pretty safe (at least around here) the closest jail is min security and mostly filled with white collar idiots.
    Not dead yet

Stupidity feeds my children blueonblack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatSatan View Post
    ...so they are releasing me from my job.
    I love the phrasing, like it was sentence of some kind.
    “Do not trust people like me. I will take you to museums, and parks, and monuments, and kiss you in every beautiful place, so that you can never go back to them without tasting me like blood in your mouth. I will destroy you in the most beautiful way possible, and when I leave you will finally understand why storms are named after people.”

For me it was
    WH1T3 0U7

100% Recycled Pixels. Twigsoffury's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatSatan View Post
    I'm in no hurry to get shanked.
    thats why you mace them then slam the inmates head into the slider before he has a chance?!

and you get to fight somebody every once and awhile.
    Plus, they're crims, so you don't need to feel bad about it!

-Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

That sucks about the job situation TGS, but it sounds like it fit into your timing anyways. I hope you have good luck finding something else that won't drive you crazy.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV