Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Craziest Thing Just Happened

Default Craziest Thing Just Happened

I'm sitting here pissed as I was going through my hard drives running disk checks and such. Long story short I added the wrong drive to the WHS pool and lost some backups of games and such. Mostly, lost my documents folder that had my programs I had written that I hadn't had a chance to backup yet. Gone. Oh well.

THUMP. A huge deep sounding noise rings out and shakes our huge apartments building. Didn't think anything about it as we are on the second floor and construction is going on four buildings just a football field away.

I always park my car in the spot just under our balcony. Always. Every single day. But, it's been in the shop after an accident.

I look out the window and there are ambulances and fire trucks and police cars pulling around the window.

A man jumped off the fifth story balcony and the body is sitting right outside my window.

I have the strangest feeling in my stomach. I feel horrible for his family. No one can seem to find or contact anyone who knows him.

Losing some data suddenly doesn't feel so important anymore, and I feel horrible for worrying about such stupid things in life. Six years ago that could have been me, and I'm glad I had help realizing everything good in life, but feel horrible for this man I never knew.

Default Re: Craziest Thing Just Happened

Omg...

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

Seriously. I don't even know what to say, what to do. They haven't found anyone that knows him I don't think. There hasn't been anyone crying or anything outside. A majority of the people in my apartment building are from other countries, which could explain that.

Still sad though. Just a weird experience. I can't even describe how I am feeling. Watching stuff like that on tv shows, or whatever, you are so detached. You'd figure it would be similar not knowing the person, but something just feels strange sitting here right now.

The fiance's car is two spots over and has police tape all over it, so not like I am going to walk down and walk beside the body to get into a car and mess up all the tape and stuff to get out and away as to not think about it. I just hope there isn't blood on it, not for being a neat freak, but just for . . .

wow that's just crazy. i cant imagine how this feels, or what its like. i mean i knew people who have attempted to kill themselves but they never suicide. i think i would move if some guy jumped from the roof of my building.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmEv View Post
    Or are you talking about vending machine choice C-4?

mmmmm... skittles....
    bench mark software.

video bios flashing guide

Everyone is gone now. This is really weird. It's like nothing ever happened.

I don't feel that way, but that is the way it all appears. Quite a strange feeling.

Years ago, a little old man disappeared from my building. He was missing for about 2 months when a couple of joggers found a headless body in the woods in a nearby park. It was still holding a shotgun and a single spent shell.

Sometimes f***** up stuff happens. I personally had no issues with it, but it messed with some of my neighbors for a long time.
    I'll procrastinate tomorrow.

That's crazy.

I'm not messed up by it or anything, it just was a really weird day. I walked out to the balcony and there's a body lying on the ground ~8 feet below me.

I haven't gone outside to check out the fifth floor. He could have jumped, been pushed, or the railing could have broken. The last two seem doubtful as the police didn't rush in to search for anyone, and there weren't any pieces of railing on the ground to suggest it had broken so I had assumed he jumped.

He was barefoot wearing only shorts, no shirt.

WWMD- What Would MacGyver Do? Mark_Hardware's Avatar

Funny though, how things can be put into perspective. Stuff that you get sooo upset about, if you really think about it, most of it doesn't mean sh!t.
    I have to put myself in check once in a while. I'll be getting all bent out of shape cause I can't get some computer part, or I'm running low on some supplement, and I remind myself where I came from;
    I spent many years living on the streets. Eating out of trashcans, sleeping under bridges, the works. Had sh!t happen to me that I hope none of you ever have to go through. Knew plenty of people that died as a result of living like that. (my first wife is one of those) More scary, a few people that mysteriously disappeared....
    Bottom line, every once in a while, when I start getting pissed cause I can't get another hard drive, I think back to when I went 3 days without any food. When I start getting impatient to get something else from the Vitamin Shoppe, I think about when I had to sleep outside in the snow (and in the heat). Perspective, my friends. It's all about perspective.
    My name is Mark Hardware, and I approved this message.

Project; Mark1
    (On hold until......)

Custom Title Honors BuzzKillington's Avatar

Woah dude.
    PS3: CaptBuzzCooler

Suicide is one of the biggest 'killers' of young men in the UK. I think I've mentioned this before, that most people who are suicidal don't really want to kill themselves; they usually just don't see any alternative.

The most likely scenario is that this guy had some problems in his life that he couldn't solve on his own. Maybe if he had someone to talk to, it wouldn't have happened; maybe he had someone to talk to, but was afraid of broaching the subject. The stigma surrounding mental health is a serious issue that we, as members of society, are able to address.

"No man is an island, entire of itself...any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind; and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee." - John Donne
    -Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!