Thread: calling all materials experts

Life is like an analogy...

Default calling all materials experts

ive been spurred on by the "tips for working with plexi" thread. i think we need more of that type of thread here. theres too much info spread out all over the place, and it needs to be consolidated.

heres my challenge: anyone and everyone who knows something about anything, post it. i want to see a thread for plexi, a thread for sheet metal (im making a draft for that right now), a thread for styrene/foam working, a thread for anything and everything that can be thought of. im definitely aiming to help the new people because i notice that there are lots of question popping up in all sorts of places, and it would be nice to have a central place for everyone to go, and so they dont necessarily have to be making new threads with questions all the time.

you dont need to post anything here, but start slapping things into the appropriate places.

now, to quote professor klump, who was also quoting someone else, "LETS GET BUSY!"

Quote Originally Posted by Slug Toy
    im pretty sure i was your car, but i was into mah music and didnt think too much of it

Default Re: calling all materials experts

welll...i think that ppl just need to search...not that i'm not for this or anything but like...most of the questions that i see on here are responded with something that has already been discussed...it's just ppl are too lazy to look. if you look then you will learn lil ppl's of the new. look and learn... GL peace out

Jetty, although you have a good point, i think that a lot of the tutorials out there aren't written with PC modding in mind. Tutorials written by modders, for modders, would make a big difference i think. I'm thinking about writting a PIC microprocessor tutorial at some point in the distant future, but as usual, time is everything, and it's probably not going to show it's face around here for 3 months. Although i could, i suppose, do it in instalments-i'd say that would be counter productive in the long run. Bits would be all over the place.

-Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!

I'm working on a simple do's and don'ts of modding actually. I was gong to post it in the Rookies Nook place when finished. But I think some more materials would be good too. I'm not an expert on anyone material though. But if anyone here is please gives a walk through of the material!

If anyone has tips, or ideas that I shouldinclude in my modding guide please PM me. I'm also trying to include images of mods that show different types of mods. (theme, game, plexi, industrial, etc).

NOTE: My guide is not as much telling people what to do, but giveing ideas and examples of how ideas come togather to form a mod.

Woodworking unicycling bodybuilder tybrenis's Avatar

PM sent.
    Typo:
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
    Jon has altered his cock to compensate.

I think more tutorials would be a great help to new modders. I am a new modder and right now im just trying to get used to useing tools and materials before i start a a real project. the tutorial on working with plexi was a huge help to me and i cant wait to read yours aero its sounds great. i wish i could contribute and write a tutorial but i still need to learn it all first :p

i will work on electronics for you, will start it tonight, finish it tonight also if possable!

Mary had a little lamb. It bumped into a pylon. Ten thousand volts went up its arse and turned its wool to nylon!