Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: Temple of Fusion - All Your Transistors Will Bow to Me

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

Default Re: Temple of Fusion - All Your Transistors Will Bow to Me

Indeed! that's going to look great once it's all finished up!!

this case is gonna be HUGE. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER

Quote Originally Posted by x88x View Post
    Looking good.
    Thanks. It was a lot of hard work yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by SXRguyinMA View Post
    Indeed! that's going to look great once it's all finished up!!
    Thanks. Yeah, once I start with the finishing, this case is going to look awesome. I ordered a brass sample pack and should get here early next week. Then I can figure out what gauge I want the brass accents. Also I can use the samples to test out my electro-sketching. The brass will be on the sides of the obelisks and on top the temple.

Also, I found a good stone stamp for the Temple. It can from my daughters Play-do toys. It really makes the bondo or concrete look like ancient stone. Still have to find a cobble stone stamp for the base.

Quote Originally Posted by billygoat333 View Post
    this case is gonna be HUGE. lol
    As I always say, “go big, or go home.”

Default Temple of Fusion - All Your Transistors Will Bow to Me

Waiting Game - 8/22/2010

It seemed liked I got held back this week on two fronts. The first was I still don't have my reservoirs, even though the dealer said they will ship mid-week. I have no tracking number yet. So I could only go so far with the base.

First I had to get the base top layer marked out for the Temple. Then cut out the Temple section.

Fits like a glove.

Had to add in the lower fan to get my markings. Can tell this radiator set-up is going to be nice.

After getting the markings, I cut out the corners for the obelisks.

The top layer of the base. I looks like a space ship from a old video game.

The second reason why I had to wait is that I need to get a laser printer. I need the laser printer to transfer the toner to the metal to do the electro-sketch process. I am going to pick up a Samsung color printer tomorrow. Hopefully I can try it out during the week. Here is the picture of almost all the set-up gear that I need. I have a car battery and charger that I am going to use to get the current flowing and etch the metal.

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Looking good. I'll be interested to see how that etching works out.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Looking good. I'll be interested to see how that etching works out.
    Thanks.

Yeah, the metal etching should be one of the ‘wow’ factors for the case. The block paint will highlight were it gets etched. Seeing some examples, you can get really good accuracy. Now I just need to get a laser printer.

Here are the ‘wow’ factor stages. I will have multiple ‘wow’ stages for the computer. The first ‘wow’ would be the size of the case with the obelisks with the brass pyramids. The second ‘wow’ will be the metal etching details on the obelisks. The third ‘wow’ would be seeing all the small details, especially the stamped patterns for the Temple and the base. Then another ‘wow’ stage is seeing all the high end gear in the case, and that everything is water cooled. The last ‘wow’ will be how quite the computer is, because the only fans will be on the radiators and they are low noise fans.

Oh yeah, it is going to be a fun weekend!!!!

Only a 1/2 Day

Since my wife and daughter are going out of town next week, I only worked a ˝ day this weekend to spend time with them. I am going to take Thursday and Friday off, so I am going to have five days to work on the computer case with the holiday weekend. I will try to post every night with my progress of that day. Hopefully I can get most of the case done. The time line for the case is September 25th.

Since I got in a temp reservoir, I can finally get the base done. My custom ordered reservoir will get here about mid next week. I will post some pictures when they get delivered.

Here are the mock-ups that I did to get the measurements for the reservoirs.

Now it is time to start cutting.

I am leaving the back of the case off for a reason. Going to install some quick disconnects. Then hookup the E-ATX tray to drawer glides, for easy access. I can take off the top, disconnect the hoses, then pull the drawer out.

Some end of the day photos. The base is all finished. Getting close, and hopefully down next week. Also should get all my brass cuts in mid next week.

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Oooh, eATX, eh? So there's gonna be some hardware in there worthy of the dual quad rads?
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Oooh, eATX, eh? So there's gonna be some hardware in there worthy of the dual quad rads?
    I should be getting some of the last hardware in this week. When I get it, I will post my final build list for the computer. Until then, all I am going to say is that this computer will have 4 GPUs in it