Thread: New Phone Time coming up...

If it isn't stock, it's modded! slaveofconvention's Avatar

Default New Phone Time coming up...

It's been 17 months since my wife got her last mobile phone - an LG KC910i Renoir, and 16 since I got my Sony C905 and we're both on 18 month deals so it's upgrade time....

I think I might actually go touchscreen this time. I did have the Samsung Omnia for about 3 days just before the C905 and returned it because I just didn't like it but with the plethora of android devices out there, I think we're both heading that way....

No final decisions made yet but I think we're leaning towards HTC's Desire (for me) and Wildfire (for her).

Anyone got any experience/opinions/thoughts on those phones?

I am also considering the Sony Xperia X10 as it's "getting" android 2.1 this quarter - it comes with 1.6 at the moment. A quick look at the Samsung Galaxy - but that's just too damned big - not a lot bigger than the X10 but the X10 is a little big too but might JUST squeeze in.....

Current Projects: Lobo | Unimatrix | High Voltage | Antec 900 Revamp (Phase 2)
    Completed Projects: General Lee | Synergy Green | Liquid Yellow
    Planned Projects: K-9-PC | Limey

Default Re: New Phone Time coming up...

I got my incredible finally friday and I AM IN LOVE with the android os. i no longer have a need for an iphone and almost sold my ipod touch if I didnt need it for my second avenue of revenue. The snapdragon processor is (no pun intended.. ok maybe a little) snappier than hospital corners on a marines bed. My only minor complaint is battery life and thats my fault for all the crap i have been running on it constantly since I got it I don't think I have put it down much other than to sleep, eat, and spend time with the fams and even then i am snapping awesome 8 mp pictures ahaha.
    Regedit'ed, Rooted, and Jailbroke anymore questions?
    Here’s a bumper sticker I’d like to see: “We are the proud parents of a child who’s self-esteem is sufficient that he doesn’t need us promoting his minor scholastic achievements on the back of our car.”

If it isn't stock, it's modded! slaveofconvention's Avatar

Things have changed a lil.... Turns out there is one compromise too many on the wildfire, so now we're both looking at either the Desire, or the Samsung Galaxy S - the Desire is apparently better for photos but the Galaxy has a slightly better screen.... I think we're leaning towards the HTC still though. The difference in screen quality appears to be bloody good (HTC), and very bloody good (Samsung), whereas the photo quality seems to be woeful in remotely low light (samsung) versus ok irrespective of light levels (HTC) lol.

Fact is we'll both probably take more pics than we'll watch movies on the phones, and it's movies where the screen really shines on the Galaxy (apparently)

Current Projects: Lobo | Unimatrix | High Voltage | Antec 900 Revamp (Phase 2)
    Completed Projects: General Lee | Synergy Green | Liquid Yellow
    Planned Projects: K-9-PC | Limey

I am not usually one for brand loyalty but i don't think I will ever have another smart phone unless it is htc. And I will probably never have another cdma that isnt LG. Those two brands have treated me fairly well, versus others that well.. just look up the motorola 325i and you should get my drift. Samsung is a very good name as well but they play both sides of the field of a "dumb" phone and a "smart" phone and hit middle of the road in both. They are good quality fairly bulletproof phones but sometimes lack in the actual usability of the phone. Also I will probably never go back to any windows mobile operating system unless they completely blow me away. My personal opinion the only thing keeping winmo going right now is MOTOBLUR and HTC SenseUI.
    Regedit'ed, Rooted, and Jailbroke anymore questions?
    Here’s a bumper sticker I’d like to see: “We are the proud parents of a child who’s self-esteem is sufficient that he doesn’t need us promoting his minor scholastic achievements on the back of our car.”