Thread: monitor flashes on startup then stays black

Default monitor flashes on startup then stays black

Hi guys my wifes monitor started playing up last week. when turn pc on the monitor comes on stayes for 3 secs then goes black pc boots alls fine just no display the button stays green like its still on but no display turn monitor off and on it will flash on again then black it isnt the pc as tried another monitor and that one works fine. The monitor is a hanton h-320wdb

hope you guys can help out.

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Default Re: monitor flashes on startup then stays black

Try a different monitor and cable if you have it to make sure it's not a problem with the PC, but it sounds like the backlight inverter in the monitor is going.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

I'd check the power cable, I've seen a similar issue with that in the past.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

Anodized

this just happened to me with 2 different monitors , they would power on ,act like they were on . but no image, even had the green light. one of the monitors had a bad inverter. and the other one had an external psu , and it went bad. one is a little easier to fix then the other , lol. shine a flashlight on the monitor , and see if you cant still see a faint image of whats on your desktop. if you can then you might be able to fix it

If it isn't stock, it's modded! slaveofconvention's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jawshwaa View Post
    this just happened to me with 2 different monitors , they would power on ,act like they were on . but no image, even had the green light. one of the monitors had a bad inverter. and the other one had an external psu , and it went bad. one is a little easier to fix then the other , lol. shine a flashlight on the monitor , and see if you cant still see a faint image of whats on your desktop. if you can then you might be able to fix it
    Weird - I have exactly the same issue with a 17" Belinea with an external power pack - comes on on initially and goes off within a second or two. I took it apart and couldn't see anything obviously wrong inside. Now I'm wondering if it's the power pack....

Current Projects: Lobo | Unimatrix | High Voltage | Antec 900 Revamp (Phase 2)
    Completed Projects: General Lee | Synergy Green | Liquid Yellow
    Planned Projects: K-9-PC | Limey