Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PC MW2 is dead.

Default PC MW2 is dead.

Went back to playing this as people I know play and I wanted to be able to play with them.

Game is entirely unplayable now. I was working on unlocking all the attachments for the weapons and whatnot, only to get put into 3 modded servers in a fricken row.

Maxed out everything I had. All weapons, everything. Couldn't leave before it was all over.

I'm so pissed it isn't even funny. Why they can't keep the servers to private matches I don't know.

I have absolutely no ambition to play this any more. Unlocking things was keeping my attention at least a little bit. Now I have nothing to do, or have to prestige and do everything all over again, and hope to not get put into another one of those servers. Hit 3 in a row just today, so that isn't going to happen.

So angry right now. Arghhh. If you don't want your work to get thrown away, just stop playing.

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

Default Re: PC MW2 is dead.

yea I haven't been playing too much either for the same reason. sucks ass. I think I'm going to get black ops when it comes out though, it'll have dedicated servers

Custom Title Honors BuzzKillington's Avatar

I stopped playing it after about the 2nd or 3rd time. The amount of penetrable objects is stupid and if you know the map well enough you can just spray walls and get kills. It's chicken-****, not to mention the maps sucked. I'm glad I went BFBC2.
    PS3: CaptBuzzCooler

Ive actually been playing a good amount of MW2 recently. I agree, the majority of servers are crap with either a terrible host or hackers. Very rarely I ever get put into a legit game with no hackers. Luckly Ive never been in a hacked server or I would be pissed off. Other than playing with friends, doing my prestige challenges is the only thing keeping me playing.

On the note of bullet penetration: Kind of lame how so many objects are penetrable. Im not going to lie, but I get a good amount of kills just by walling people. Even easier since I play HC so all you need is that one bullet to hit him (most of the time). I dont spray walls randomly but if I know a person is there, sure I will attempt to hit him but I wont unload a whole clip or randomly shoot walls.
    EVGA P55 LE :: Intel i5-750 @ 3.8 GHz w/ Zalman 9500 :: 2x 2GB Corsair Dominator DDR3 1600 :: ATI Radeon 5850 :: Micro Center G2 64GB SSD :: Samsung F3 1TB :: Western Digital 320GB :: X-Fi Xtreme Music :: Corsair TX-750w :: Windows 7 64-Bit :: Lian Li PC-9F

Having to play it under steam doesn't really improve it either.
    Projects: RGB Tower - Custom CPU water block

Watching someone else use your computer is like watching a drunk orangutan solve a rubix cube. They have no idea what they're doing and you just wish they'd hand you the damn thing so you can do it yourself.
    -TheOatmeal

it's not Steam's fault, it's IW's. The IWNet SUCKS ASS. The matching system is crap, VAC is crap. I was a legit 9th prestige 70, and because my k/d ratio was over 1 I started getting in all hacked servers. I found that you could erase your stats and start fresh, so I did that (kept my old stat files just incase) and it worked...till I hit level 41, and once again my k/d ratio was close to 1. Enter the hacked servers and games full of hackers.

I have BFBC2 and have been playing that as well, but it has an entirely different feel. Moving and shooting has a very different feeling. I enjoy it very much, but they are two entirely different games. On that note, play now has been broken for months for me.

I have MW2 on 360 as well, as my brother and cousins have it for 360, but I'm just not very good with the controller. Most times I am struggling to break even, but sometimes have a good run where I go 1.5-2kdr. I played the 360 version a while then went back to pc where I found the sweetness that is Famas/ACR and was going 4-5kdr just about every game. I'm so much better with the mouse, hence I was trying to play the pc version.

I just don't understand why they can't keep the modded servers to private matches. Pimp your stuff, get a steam group, get a website, whatever. Then people can join the private match if they want to, not be forced into hackage they didn't choose.

Some people hate steam, but I love it. I love the convenience of having all my games a click away for dl. D2D works for me too, as I can just toss the files onto my file server. But I understand why some people dislike it. But steam deals really rock sometimes.

yea I love the ACR too. The SCAR is actually better than the ACR in terms of damage. For all-out rage I like the LSW. Huge magazines and nice damage score

I just deleted it off my computer. I used that app to reset your stats back to zero ( same as deleting a few files, didn't feel like looking for them ), and within two matches I was hacked back to 70 everything maxed.

Waste of $60.

well I bought it the day it came out, so I figure I got a good 6-8 months of hack-free playtime lol. plus black ops will be out in a few months