Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Honda ATC 200S Freshening Up

Default Re: Honda ATC 200S Freshening Up

Quote Originally Posted by SXRguyinMA View Post
    I grew up riding one of those +rep
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Luke122 View Post
    My grandparents had 4 of these things as i was growing up; a 70cc, 125cc, and a pair of 250's.

I've got the 70cc now, and my dad and I are going to clean it up and get it ready for the kids to ride when they are a bit older. (My oldest is 3, still a bit young for that.)

Congrats on the project, I wish I could find a free one for me! The first thing I thought when I saw that was that the tank was wrong..

I'd sure like to find myself one of the big old racers that they made just before killing the ATC's.. I think it was a 350cc, maybe a 300cc. I've seen a few around, they look great, and I know it would outrun most of the quads around here too.
    My parents used to have a Big Red. Can't remember what model it was, but it makes mine look like a toy. Had reverse... Wish mine did... It was sadly stolen though.

Quote Originally Posted by LiTHiUM0XiD3 View Post
    wheeeeeee 3 wheel suicide machine lol nice find..... now put a computer in it! lol
    Fuel injection? Maybe a Common-Rail Diesel? Huh. Wonder if I can even get a thumper Common-Rail?

Hey guys! A fellow on another forum was able to tell me what the tank was! It is a Clarke 3-gallon tank.

Bad news though. I found the 200 with a flat today. The right-rear had a small patch of hidden cracking on the inside. So I'm gonna try to figure out a way to fix that. But it took a while to bleed down, so I can still have fun with it.

The good news is today I went to start it. Turned the fuel on, pumped the gas a couple times, and pulled. It ran for a second then cut off. Pull it again and ran like a champ. I can't ask for much more then that.
    Current Projects
    -1979 Jeep DJ5 "Mail Jeep"
    -1981 Chevrolet K10

Quote Originally Posted by altec View Post
    Bad news though. I found the 200 with a flat today. The right-rear had a small patch of hidden cracking on the inside. So I'm gonna try to figure out a way to fix that. But it took a while to bleed down, so I can still have fun with it.
    Get some tire slime. They have it at Wally world. We had a riding mower that had a slow leak, put some slime in it hasn't gone flat in 2 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by SXRguyinMA View Post
    Now, off to the basement to do some fiddling with the rods and such.
    so far left of center i'm in right field

That was one of my two choices that were up front in my head. Slime, or get a tube to put in it.
    Current Projects
    -1981 Chevrolet K10

Sorry about the double, but I just had some news.

I went out to a local farm with my Fiancee to put the 200 through the paces. With the known problems in mind it ran great. The engine runs like a top, all the gears are smooth, clutch is good, no problems! The brakes still need some work, and it could really use the front brake. But it wasn't a huge problem. I would just use the engine to slow it down when needed. I did a bit of trail riding, and flew around some dirt roads. Handled both just fine. I plan to take it back some time next week to give it another go. I'll bring a camera next time. Get some pictures, and maybe a little video tooling around.

Now I just need more power.
    Current Projects
    -1981 Chevrolet K10

Quote Originally Posted by LiTHiUM0XiD3 View Post
    wheeeeeee 3 wheel suicide machine
    Only to those who dont know how to ride.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

Anodized

Great find for a freebie well done , only needed a little TLC

Here I sit, broken hearted, tried to pull, but it only farted...

Need someone to talk me out of hacking this up. Considering making a Fat Cat. So... Tell me why I shouldn't.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0wzyWqOBzU
    Current Projects
    -1981 Chevrolet K10

Fresh Paint

That fat cat looks freaking sweet!!!!
    Current Rig- Dell Dimension 2400 - 2.2hz Celeron, 256kb DDR - Current rig until new on is built

Rig in Progress- MSI G31TM-P21, 3.6ghz P4, 8gb ram, 160GB Seagate Barracuda, Nvidia GeForce 8500GT

Hello all! Got another ATC in the shop. This one is a '80 185cc. It belongs to my Uncle (Well, Great Uncle), and he wants it running again.

It arrived to me with the engine in a box, and the engine in a box... Did I mention the engine was in a box? Yeah, it was in a box... At least it wasn't in part, I guess...

First I pulled the plastics, and the fuel tank off. Then I poked around the engine, and cleaned the frame a little.

Tonight I painted the frame, and cleaned the engine up. I also put the exhaust back in, which I cleaned, and painted matte hi-temp black.

Tomorrow I will be getting the bolts together, and putting the engine in.

Sorry about the junk pictures. I've been working on it at night, and that combined with the fact that I'm using my phone leaves something to be desired...

Working on this also gives me some ideas for my own, and how I'm gonna do a Fat Cat conversion. I'm pondering a single sided, fixed swing arm that is extended at least 6".
    Current Projects
    -1981 Chevrolet K10

Awesome!

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro