Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for Custom Mod Service

Default Re: Looking for Custom Mod Service

I've got the concept figured out. What I'm trying to figure out at the moment is how best to do it.

With mesh, a knockout is the best way to do it, but the punch necessary would cost all of the pay for the panel. There are other options that we have the tools for, but if you can elaborate more, I can tell you what I can do for you.
    Project:Mithril, sponsored by Petra's Tech Shop and Sidewinder Computers-MOTM Nominee October '08

Maybe make them with pen and paper and then scan them into the computer.
    Projects: RGB Tower - Custom CPU water block

Watching someone else use your computer is like watching a drunk orangutan solve a rubix cube. They have no idea what they're doing and you just wish they'd hand you the damn thing so you can do it yourself.
    -TheOatmeal

Fresh Paint

Quote Originally Posted by Kayin View Post
    With mesh, a knockout is the best way to do it, but the punch necessary would cost all of the pay for the panel. There are other options that we have the tools for, but if you can elaborate more, I can tell you what I can do for you.
    If you are talking about making the mesh, you won't have to worry about that. I'm getting it pre-made from FrozenCPU.

I'll send the aluminum sheet and the mesh. I can take care of the acrylic disk, since i want to wire up some leds in it.

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Mackinac View Post
    If you are talking about making the mesh, you won't have to worry about that. I'm getting it pre-made from FrozenCPU.
    I believe he's referring to cutting the mesh disk out of the sheet. TMK, using a knockout tool is the cleanest, fastest method, but it can definitely be done with a rotary tool or such.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Fresh Paint

ah, that makes much more sense. ok. It's up to you. If you think punching it out will make a cleaner cut, then i'll pay extra for it...

I'm still working on the blueprints, I'll try to have them out within the next two or three hours...

EDIT: ok finished the blueprint...hope its ok...

Last edited by Mighty Mackinac; 07-01-2010 at 03:21 PM. Reason: blueprint

I do believe that's possible with the tools available to me. The smaller the hole, the easier the cut (because more material supports it.)

Is the aluminum ring coming precut? Are you looking at something like the MNPCtech billet rings there, or is it something I'm missing? LMK, and we'll work out the particulars.

BTW, your panel will get a worklog. Anything I do gets one, for two reasons. Number one, the whole site knows where your money is at all times, and two, because I've found that most people want to see it go together, even if they can't do it themselves.
    Project:Mithril, sponsored by Petra's Tech Shop and Sidewinder Computers-MOTM Nominee October '08

Fresh Paint

I was hoping that you might be able to cut the ring. I could do it myself, if it makes it easier on you. It's just a flat ring of aluminum.

I was thinking that the mesh doesn't have to be flat with the aluminum. Maybe it there was about a 20 mm extra all the way along the edge, you could JB weld, or some other epoxy, the two pieces together. Aluminum on top with the mesh underneath. same with the ring. I don't know if that was confusing or not. Let me know if i need to explain it better...

And a worklog would be awesome! Thanks!

Nope, your explanation is perfect.

I can cut the ring, I just needed to know if it was something like billet. Billet's a PITA.

Last, and not least, shoot me a PM and we'll hash out the shipping info, ETAs, and such. I have epoxy and such just for these kind of things, so it's no issue at all. I don't accept many commissions any more, but yours will be a cinch, and it's just what I need to get off my tail. Maybe I'll do more in the future, who knows?

Fresh Paint

No it's not billet, so i can save you that trouble lol

Once i get the parts, once i get paid, I'll send you PM with the info. If it takes longer to get the money together, then I'm just going to do it myself. Working minimum wage sucks...